Sick Beard w/Scene Numbering and Naming

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Sick Beard w/Scene Numbering and Naming

Postby designgears » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 pm

This thread was originally about how to hack every possible thing to use xem proxy hack to make everything use scene numbering. That is a bad idea, see the next post by zoggy.

Scene numbering has been a huge problem with SickBeard since I first stumbled upon it and tried to get American Dad! working properly. I have found many hacks to make sickbeard at least grab the right episode, but would ultimately mess up numbering in XBMC and Plex. I finally ran across a github repo that used thexem.de to simply map the numbering when searching and post processing, however it wasn't maintained. I have since ported it to the latest dev branch and master branch! Warning: It may have some undiscovered bugs.

Set it up like as if you were running stock SickBeard from source. I would advise against using your old sickbeard.db, I have yet to test that it creates the new fields properly in an existing database.

You can grab it here.
https://github.com/designgears/Sick-Beard
Last edited by designgears on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
designgears

Re: Scene Numbering Fix (American Dad, Futurama, Etc...)

Postby zoggy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Please dont use the 'proxy' hack with sickbeard. actually we should just go remove that legacy code from xem... the proxy method would convert tvdb->scene. this works fine on sb to find things but then your using the scene numbering.. which would make trakt.tv/tvdb/whatever unhappy (xbmc/plex you are probably using a tvdb scraper). thus if you were to use the scene numbering your stuck to hacking in support for that.. there is an 'XEM' scraper which kinda solves it for xbmc but then what about <insert other app>. This tends to be a less than desirable approach. To use xem properly, you convert tvdb->scene to find the release.. then when sb post-processes it it uses xem to translate scene->tvdb. That way you keep the data to what tvdb wants which will keep sb/xbmc/plex/whatever happy. Also if xem went away... you wouldn't be screwed.
zoggy

Re: Sick Beard w/XEM and Custom Scene Naming

Postby designgears » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 am

Just wanted to let everyone know I just updated this. I updated to the latest dev branch and ported the xem stuff over again.
designgears

Postby supremicus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Working great so far, thanks
supremicus

Postby synthecypher » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Hey bobby I moved my sickbeard.db, config.ini and started using your branch.

EDIT: I tried deleting and re-added still shows only 7 episodes for Season 1. :(

How do I go about enabling/refreshing American Dad to use XEM's Scene TVDB?

I can't see any obvious options for it.

Thanks in advance,

:D
synthecypher

Postby designgears » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Hey synthecypher, it is actually working right.

Basically XEM is there to map TVDB numbering to Scene numbering when it searches and maps Scene numbering back to TVDB numbering when it pulls the episode into sickbeard.

So if you were to search for Season 2 Episode 7, it would actually search for Season 1 Episode 14. When it postprocesses the episode it will map it back Season 2 Episode 7.

If you hover over the skulls in season 2 you can see they all map to season 1.

Doing it this way, instead of the hack way, you keep everything mapped to TVDB, that way XMBX, Plex, or whatever software you use that likely uses TVDB for its info, will display correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Just found a problem with the cache.db not getting the tvdb id on scene names, you should grab the latest source from my git to take care of that.
designgears

Postby sicHiRsch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:38 am

hi there,

i don't know what i am doing wrong, but i do not see the "xem" column in my setup.

i downloaded the zip from your github page, unpacked it to a separate folder, copied the config.ini and sickbeard.db from my master 502 over and started via sickbeard.py.

sickbeard starts but behaves just like the "regular" one. it does not find the new (season 10) episodes of american dad and i cannot find xem anywhere.

thank you ;-)
sicHiRsch

Postby designgears » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:14 pm

sicHiRsch wrote:hi there,

i don't know what i am doing wrong, but i do not see the "xem" column in my setup.

i downloaded the zip from your github page, unpacked it to a separate folder, copied the config.ini and sickbeard.db from my master 502 over and started via sickbeard.py.

sickbeard starts but behaves just like the "regular" one. it does not find the new (season 10) episodes of american dad and i cannot find xem anywhere.

thank you ;-)

Did you switch to the development branch before you downloaded the zip file?
designgears

Postby sicHiRsch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 pm

No i did not.

I just downloaded the development branch though, and it does tell me that it is running in the header of sickbeard (alpha development), but i can still not see the xem column or the pirate flags. Is there a switch somewhere that I need to toggle first?

Thank you.
sicHiRsch

Postby designgears » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:40 am

sicHiRsch wrote:No i did not.

I just downloaded the development branch though, and it does tell me that it is running in the header of sickbeard (alpha development), but i can still not see the xem column or the pirate flags. Is there a switch somewhere that I need to toggle first?

Thank you.

The XEM column only shows up on shows that have XEM mapping, like American Dad, Futurama, etc...

You can go to http://thexem.de/ to see which shows have it.
designgears

Next

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools