uProcess - the bridge between uTorrent and Sickbeard

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: uProcess - the bridge between uTorrent and Sickbeard

Postby Rubeast » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 am

spon wrote:
a7medo778 wrote:offline for me

If you rightclick and "save as" the link I posed above, it should download. I haven't been able to get uProcess to work correctly but it's probably just user error on my end.

Also can't get it working with files that need extraction.
This program definitely needs more work.
The project looked very promising. Too bad he stopped development.
Rubeast

Postby spon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Does anyone know of any alternatives to bridge Utorrent with SickBeard?
spon

Postby PolarWind » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 am

@jkaberg : is this script abandoned? I would like to give it a try on WinXP. I have installed the default SB edition, not the TPB version. Will this work with the normal SB version? I use uTorrent for the occasional downloads, and am testing SB with a free usenet account. So torrents are the next step...

Is there a way to give a certain preference to the downloads I make? Like from which "torrent-group" (their signature in the file, like EZTV, ...), or max file size (don't need a BD file, but minimum 300 Mb /max 500 Mb should do the trick)?

Regards,

Polarwind
PolarWind

Postby swordzo2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:52 am

It looks like this project is dead. :(

I've managed to find another repo or mirror of it: https://github.com/Riz0/uProcess

jkaberg is still moderately active but working on other projects, like rProcess, a clone of uProcess for rTorrent. Currently it does not have sickbeard or couchpotato integration. https://github.com/jkaberg/rProcess

If anyone is still here I am having issues with sub folders, if a torrent downloads into a subfolder uProcess will not be able to do anything with it.
For example uTorrent will run:
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Python27\pythonw.exe" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Scripts and Logs\uProcess-master\uProcess.py" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go" "2E33AB81F167E27E99BF039B1EE14FB09293A5F2"
when it should be running
"C:\Program Files\Python27\pythonw.exe" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Scripts and Logs\uProcess-master\uProcess.py" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia S09E10 HDTV x264-KILLERS[ettv]" "2E33AB81F167E27E99BF039B1EE14FB09293A5F2"

In the uProcess log (I do have debug = true) it doesn't show any activity at all but uTorrent does launch the first command without the sub folder. If I run the second command manually it works fine; it's sent to sickbeard, copied/renamed, and the log is updated. It also works fine for torrents that don't make a sub folder.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

my config.cfg:
### uProcess configuration
[uProcess]
#outputDirectory is where you want uProcess to output the files. NOTE: outputDirectory cannot be the same as where uTorrent downloaded the files!!
outputDirectory = "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\TELEVISION TO POST"
# Valid options are: copy, move or link
fileAction = copy
# Deletes files and torrent from uTorrent immediately when completed
deleteFinished = false
# Deletes files and torrents above a certain ratio (Written in mils, eg 1.0 ratio is written as 1000). Set to 0 if you don't want to use it.
deleteRatio = 0
# If you want uProcess to ignore torrents with certain labels, define them like: ignoreLabel = movie (seperate with | for several labels, eg unwanted|dontwant).
ignoreLabel = Game|Music|Software
# If you wish to see debug messages (true/false)
debug = true

[uTorrent]
# User for your uTorrent webui (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Password for your uTorrent webui (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# Host is the url adress to your uTorrent webui (default: localhost)
host = localhost
# Port is the portnumber for your uTorrent install
port = 8091

## The following settings are NOT necessary to complete if you don't want to use uProcess with CouchPotato/Sick-Beard

[Couchpotato]
# True/false depending on if you want to run Couchpotato post-process after uProcess is done
active = true
# This must match the corresponding label in uTorrent for movies (you can have several labels, just separate them with |, eg movie|brdisc)
label = Movie
# Your Couchpotato username (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Your Couchpotato password (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# API key for your Couchpotato install
apikey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
# Host is the adress to your Couchpotato web ui
host = localhost
# Port is the portnumber for your Couchpotato install (default: 5050)
port = 5050
# Base url alteration (leave blank if you dont use one, example: couchpotato/)
baseURL =
# Using SSL? (true/false)
ssl = false

[Sickbeard]
# True/false depending on if you want to run Sickbeard post-process after uProcess is done
active = true
# This must match the corresponding label in uTorrent for tv series (you can have several labels, just separate them with |, eg tv|series)
label = Television
# Your Sickbeard username (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Your Sickbeard password (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# Host is the address to your Sickbeard web ui
host = localhost
# Port is the port number for your Sickbeard install (default: 8081)
port = 8081
# Base url alteration (leave blank if you don't use one, example: sickbeard/)
web_root =
ssl = false

[Miscellaneous]
# These values define what kind of file types uProcess will process, proceed with caution
media = .mkv|.avi|.divx|.xvid|.mov|.wmv|.mp4|.mpg|.mpeg|.vob|.iso|
meta = .nfo|.sub|.srt|.jpg|.jpeg|.gif|.txt|
other = .exe|.pdf
compressed = .zip|.rar|.1|.01|.001|.cab|.arj|.lzh|.tar|.tar.gz|.gz|.tar.bz2|.bz2|.ace|.uue|.jar|.7z|.7
# Files/Directory's containing one or more of the following words will be ignored
ignore = sample|proof|screens
swordzo2

Postby jkaberg » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 pm

swordzo2 wrote:It looks like this project is dead. :(

I've managed to find another repo or mirror of it: https://github.com/Riz0/uProcess

jkaberg is still moderately active but working on other projects, like rProcess, a clone of uProcess for rTorrent. Currently it does not have sickbeard or couchpotato integration. https://github.com/jkaberg/rProcess

If anyone is still here I am having issues with sub folders, if a torrent downloads into a subfolder uProcess will not be able to do anything with it.
For example uTorrent will run:
"C:\Program Files\Python27\pythonw.exe" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Scripts and Logs\uProcess-master\uProcess.py" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go" "2E33AB81F167E27E99BF039B1EE14FB09293A5F2"
when it should be running
"C:\Program Files\Python27\pythonw.exe" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Scripts and Logs\uProcess-master\uProcess.py" "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia S09E10 HDTV x264-KILLERS[ettv]" "2E33AB81F167E27E99BF039B1EE14FB09293A5F2"

In the uProcess log (I do have debug = true) it doesn't show any activity at all but uTorrent does launch the first command without the sub folder. If I run the second command manually it works fine; it's sent to sickbeard, copied/renamed, and the log is updated. It also works fine for torrents that don't make a sub folder.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

my config.cfg:
### uProcess configuration
[uProcess]
#outputDirectory is where you want uProcess to output the files. NOTE: outputDirectory cannot be the same as where uTorrent downloaded the files!!
outputDirectory = "C:\Users\swordzo2\Downloads\go\TELEVISION TO POST"
# Valid options are: copy, move or link
fileAction = copy
# Deletes files and torrent from uTorrent immediately when completed
deleteFinished = false
# Deletes files and torrents above a certain ratio (Written in mils, eg 1.0 ratio is written as 1000). Set to 0 if you don't want to use it.
deleteRatio = 0
# If you want uProcess to ignore torrents with certain labels, define them like: ignoreLabel = movie (seperate with | for several labels, eg unwanted|dontwant).
ignoreLabel = Game|Music|Software
# If you wish to see debug messages (true/false)
debug = true

[uTorrent]
# User for your uTorrent webui (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Password for your uTorrent webui (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# Host is the url adress to your uTorrent webui (default: localhost)
host = localhost
# Port is the portnumber for your uTorrent install
port = 8091

## The following settings are NOT necessary to complete if you don't want to use uProcess with CouchPotato/Sick-Beard

[Couchpotato]
# True/false depending on if you want to run Couchpotato post-process after uProcess is done
active = true
# This must match the corresponding label in uTorrent for movies (you can have several labels, just separate them with |, eg movie|brdisc)
label = Movie
# Your Couchpotato username (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Your Couchpotato password (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# API key for your Couchpotato install
apikey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
# Host is the adress to your Couchpotato web ui
host = localhost
# Port is the portnumber for your Couchpotato install (default: 5050)
port = 5050
# Base url alteration (leave blank if you dont use one, example: couchpotato/)
baseURL =
ssl = false

[Sickbeard]
# True/false depending on if you want to run Sickbeard post-process after uProcess is done
active = true
# This must match the corresponding label in uTorrent for tv series (you can have several labels, just separate them with |, eg tv|series)
label = Television
# Your Sickbeard username (leave blank if you don't use one)
username =
# Your Sickbeard password (leave blank if you don't use one)
password =
# Host is the address to your Sickbeard web ui
host = localhost
# Port is the port number for your Sickbeard install (default: 8081)
port = 8081
# Base url alteration (leave blank if you don't use one, example: sickbeard/)
web_root =
ssl = false

[Miscellaneous]
# These values define what kind of file types uProcess will process, proceed with caution
media = .mkv|.avi|.divx|.xvid|.mov|.wmv|.mp4|.mpg|.mpeg|.vob|.iso|
meta = .nfo|.sub|.srt|.jpg|.jpeg|.gif|.txt|
other = .exe|.pdf
compressed = .zip|.rar|.1|.01|.001|.cab|.arj|.lzh|.tar|.tar.gz|.gz|.tar.bz2|.bz2|.ace|.uue|.jar|.7z|.7
# Files/Directory's containing one or more of the following words will be ignored
ignore = sample|proof|screens

Sorry guys, been quite busy with other things.

As swordzo2 mentioned I'm working on rProcess, it started out with support for rtorrent but quickly got support for utorrent

You can view current progress on the mc branch, https://github.com/jkaberg/rProcess/tree/mc

Should work pretty flawless with rtorrent and utorrent, Transmission ground work is done but I haven't had time to complete it

PR's are welcome!
jkaberg

Postby Purgid » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

Hey jkaberg,

Thanks for the update. It looks like rProcess doesn't trigger SB or CP the way uProcess did. Is that in the works, or are you using something else to handle postprocessing now?

Does rProcess solve the folder depth issue uProcess had with finding the right file (files) when the torrent had a multi-level directory structure?

Thanks!
Purgid

Postby jkaberg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:44 am

Purgid wrote:Hey jkaberg,

Thanks for the update. It looks like rProcess doesn't trigger SB or CP the way uProcess did. Is that in the works, or are you using something else to handle postprocessing now?

Does rProcess solve the folder depth issue uProcess had with finding the right file (files) when the torrent had a multi-level directory structure?

Thanks!

It should AFAIK, if it dosn't submit an issue on GH (with the torrent and an debug log)
jkaberg

Postby Purgid » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:12 am

jkaberg wrote:It should AFAIK, if it dosn't submit an issue on GH (with the torrent and an debug log)

Okay great! So what is it that you use to trigger post-processing now? Is that still in development, or do you somehow trigger nzbToMedia after rProcess does its work?
Purgid

Postby jkaberg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Purgid wrote:
jkaberg wrote:It should AFAIK, if it dosn't submit an issue on GH (with the torrent and an debug log)

Okay great! So what is it that you use to trigger post-processing now? Is that still in development, or do you somehow trigger nzbToMedia after rProcess does its work?

Not yet developed, will be added when I get time
jkaberg

Postby Purgid » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:41 pm

jkaberg wrote:
Purgid wrote:

Not yet developed, will be added when I get time

Awesome. Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see final implementation :D
Purgid

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools