Guide: How to install SickBeard-PirateBay on Windows

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

Guide: How to install SickBeard-PirateBay on Windows

Postby Safewood » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Just a bit more extensive step-by-step guide than those out there.

Python:
1.) Download Python 2 (at least 2.6.X or above -- Note: Python 3 won't work with Sickbeard) under "Windows Installer" (for 32-bit) or "Windows X86-64 Installer" (for 64-bit). Install Python.
2.) Go to "Start", right-click on "Computer" and click "Properties" (or press Windows key + Pause). Click on "Advanced system", go to the "Advanced" tab and press "Environment variables".
3.) Find "Path" in the "System variables" box, press "Edit" and add at the end of the text: ;C:/Program Files/Python (directory to where you installed Python - remember the semi-colon).

Cheetah:
1.) Download Cheetah under "recent stable release" and open the .zip file.
2.) Extract the folder from the .zip file to your C:/ disk, and rename it to "Cheetah". Overwrite any files that you are prompted by (e.g. cheetah.h and Cheetah.h).
3.) Go to "Start" and click on "Run..." (or press Windows key + R), type in: cmd and press Enter.
4.) Type: cd c:/cheetah -- press Enter, then type in: python setup.py install

SickBeard-PirateBay:
1.) Download Sickbeard from the "ZIP" button.
2.) Extract "Sick-Beard-ThePirateBay" from the .ZIP file to "C:\Users\USERNAME\Sick-Beard-ThePirateBay".
3.) Right-click on "SickBeard.py", choose "Properties", press "Open in..." and press "Browse...", and find "pythonw.exe" in the Python directory (e.g. C:/Program Files/Python).
4.) Create a shortcut of "SickBeard.py" to your desktop.

uTorrent:
1.) Download WebUI, and if you don't already have uTorrent installed, then download it too.
2.) Rename "utorrent-webui.20120505~.zip" to "webui.zip" and place "webui.zip" in %appdata%\utorrent, or go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent".
3.) Open uTorrent, go to "Options", then "Preferences", expand "Advanced" and click on "WebUI".
4.) Tick "Enable WebUI" and enter username and password by your choice. Tick "Alternative listening port" and type in 8082 (if you don't already use it, that is).
5.) Go to "Connection" and remove "Randomize port each start".

Configuration:
1.) Open "SickBeard" on your desktop, and mouse over the gears icon in the upper right corner (right beside Donate) and choose "Search Settings".
2.) In the tab "Episode Search", type in: 30 in "Search Frequency".
3.) Click on the tab "NZB Search" and remove "Search NZBs".
4.) Go to the tab "Torrent Search", tick "Search Torrents" and choose "uTorrent" in TORRENT Method (if that's the torrent client you will be using).
5.) Type in: http://localhost:8082/ in "uTorrent Host" (if 8082 is the port you use as alternative port in WebUI).
6.) Write the username and password you chose in WebUI in uTorrent in "uTorrent Username" and "uTorrent Password". Then click on "Save Changes".
7.) Click on the button "Search Providers" under the black bar, and untick everything but "ThePirateBay" and "DailyTvTorrents". Drag "ThePirateBay" to the top of the list, and "DailyTvTorrents" to second, and click "Save Changes".
8.) Click on the button "Post-Processing" under the black bar, and click "Browse..." for the "TV Download Dir" and browse to the folder you use to download completed torrents for uTorrent.
9.) Tick "Move Associated Files" and click "Save Changes".

Add Show:
1.) Mouse over "Show List" and click "Add Shows", then choose "Add New Show".
2.) Type in the name of the TV show, and click on the button "Search". Choose the correct TV show and click "Next".
3.) In Step 2, click on the button "New" and browse to a folder you want your TV shows to be stored, and click "Next". Note: This will move the files from the folder you chose to have your completed torrents to where you want them to be categorized.
4.) Choose your preferred quality for your TV show, and click on the button "Add Show".
Last edited by Safewood on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Safewood

Re: Guide: How to install SickBeard-PirateBay on Windows

Postby mr_orange » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Tanks for the windows guide. Python have to be 2.6+ or a major version. For utorrent i do not have installed any webui probably it's integrated in utorrent package. It's best have at least 2 provider active Because tpb can have down time. 3 are too much... I Advise TPB as First provider and dailytvtorrent as second. 30 minutes as search frequency. Thats all enjoy this great software.
mr_orange

Postby Safewood » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks a bunch; updated the guide now.
Safewood

Postby mr_orange » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:48 am

Could you insert in the guide the step to setup directory and male evidence that torrent client need to be set with 2 directory one for donwloading the other one that store the completed torrent.
mr_orange

Postby Safewood » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 am

Sure, I can do that.

Edit: Done!
Safewood

Postby Romfrosk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:27 am

it Seems it wont work with Python 3.3.x And up either.
Just so people don't download and install it.
Romfrosk

Postby Safewood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 am

That's correct, you need to use Python 2 (2.6.X and above). I've made it more clear in the guide now.
Safewood

Postby Purgid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 am

This guide worked beautifully. I had to revert my uTorrent from 3.3 back to the last iteration of 3.2.3 so I could still use the 'append the torrent label' to my advantage in automatically moving completed torrents to D:/.../completed/tv instead of D:/.../completed, but everything else worked perfectly. Thanks for putting this together Safewood.
Purgid

Postby madburg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

I am only lost with one part, how do we run/update from another branch like DEV? in windows.
Isnt that the purpose of running from source?
madburg

Postby Safewood » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 pm

@ Purgid:
I actually have the same problem; for some reason it won't move the files at all, but it's not of importance to me. However, glad everything worked out for you.

@ madburg:
Sorry but not sure what you're asking for. I believe you have a better chance asking in the official thread instead.
Safewood

Next

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)