Sickbeard Torrent Setup with ruTorrent - All GUI [UPDATED]

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: Sickbeard Torrent Setup with ruTorrent - All GUI [UPDATE

Postby fooby » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:12 am

Sorry to dig up and old thread.

Good guide, however i have come across and issue that no-one else seems to have had happen to them (oh the joys)

Code: Select all
:~/.config/rtorrent$ sudo mv ~/configs/rutorrent /etc/apache2/sites-available/
:~/.config/rtorrent$ sudo a2dissite 000-default
Site 000-default already disabled
:~/.config/rtorrent$ sudo a2ensite rutorrent
ERROR: Site rutorrent does not exist!

Anyone know why this is? I'm using bash.

rtorrentuser is configured.

I'm running debian jessie
:/etc/apache2/sites-available$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.10-2-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 4.7.3 (Debian 4.7.3-6) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.10.7-1 (2013-08-17)

this is my 000-default.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
        # The ServerName directive sets the request scheme, hostname and port that
        # the server uses to identify itself. This is used when creating
        # redirection URLs. In the context of virtual hosts, the ServerName
        # specifies what hostname must appear in the request's Host: header to
        # match this virtual host. For the default virtual host (this file) this
        # value is not decisive as it is used as a last resort host regardless.
        # However, you must set it for any further virtual host explicitly.
        #ServerName www.example.com

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www

# Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
        # error, crit, alert, emerg.
        # It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
        # modules, e.g.
        #LogLevel info ssl:warn

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

# For most configuration files from conf-available/, which are
        # enabled or disabled at a global level, it is possible to
        # include a line for only one particular virtual host. For example the
        # following line enables the CGI configuration for this host only
        # after it has been globally disabled with "a2disconf".
        #Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf
</VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet
fooby

Postby xombiemp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:00 am

Try to rename rutorrent to rutorrent.conf and then do
sudo a2ensite rutorrent.conf

Not sure why it would have a hard requirement for it to be named .conf but it seems to fix the problem.
xombiemp

Postby fooby » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I appreciate you getting back to me on this. Thank you

You are correct, changing to .conf has resolved my issue. As you say, strange that it has that problem.
fooby

Postby bumperjeep » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 pm

This guide was fantastic thank you! I know this post is old but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to only automove and hardlink certain files or labels?
2. I have a general question about the setings I should have for unpacking- I'm not sure if SB does auto unpacking so will the hard link include the extracted file?

Thanks!
bumperjeep

Postby bumperjeep » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Any updates? I'm really hoping to get this working!
bumperjeep

Postby xombiemp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm

bumperjeep wrote:1. Is there a way to only automove and hardlink certain files or labels?

Not with the auto tools plugin that we use in this guide. I'm sure you could do it with some custom scripts and rtorrent.rc magic.

bumperjeep wrote:2. I have a general question about the setings I should have for unpacking- I'm not sure if SB does auto unpacking so will the hard link include the extracted file?

I don't usually have any thing that is packed. I know rutorrent has an Unpack plugin https://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/PluginUnpack but I've never really used it so you'd have to figure out how to incorporate it.
xombiemp

Postby Pinholic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:46 am

Hi, just wondering if this method plays nicely with NZB downloads. With My setup I mainly use nzbs for tv shows but occasionally I need to grab a torrent if the program has been taken down. The old guide didn't use scan and process which sickbeard states shouldn't be used if using external scripts. I use NZBtomedia to post process so not sure whether I can have scan and process checked and still grab and pp nzbs correctly.
Should I follow this guide or viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3661 to pp nzbs and torrents automatically?
Pinholic

Postby airtower » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 am

Thank you so much for this guide! I've wanted to get away from paying for a decent usenet server for some time.

But...I'm having a problem. Installation went smoothly* and all the tools work without errors. Sickbeard finds the torrent on my search provider, rtorrent picks it up and labels it properly, downloads it, links it to .../complete/tv/sickbeard, but sickbeard does nothing with it. I am using HDbits, and the torrent is downloaded as a directory with an .nfo and sample subdirectory, and but I hear tvtorrents torrents are just the episode file only. Could that be causing issues? Running SB manual post processing on the .../complete/tv/sickbeard works just fine.

*When I was looking into getting SB and rtorrent working together, I came across your old guide and followed it in entirety. Had some problems and then noticed that you had created this much newer guide. I tried to undo as much as I could, but that may be causing issues.
airtower

Postby xombiemp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:36 am

airtower wrote:Sickbeard finds the torrent on my search provider, rtorrent picks it up and labels it properly, downloads it, links it to .../complete/tv/sickbeard, but sickbeard does nothing with it.

Sounds like you're really close. The first thing I would try is just manually dropping an episode into the complete/tv/sickbeard folder an see if Sickbeard ever processes it. If it does, then that would tell me that it must be getting hung up on the episode being in a directory. If it doesn't then that would tell me that the scanning of the complete directory is not happening at all. Let me know the result, and include an appropriate log if it's still failing.
xombiemp

Postby airtower » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:28 pm

xombiemp wrote:
airtower wrote:Sickbeard finds the torrent on my search provider, rtorrent picks it up and labels it properly, downloads it, links it to .../complete/tv/sickbeard, but sickbeard does nothing with it.

Sounds like you're really close. The first thing I would try is just manually dropping an episode into the complete/tv/sickbeard folder an see if Sickbeard ever processes it. If it does, then that would tell me that it must be getting hung up on the episode being in a directory. If it doesn't then that would tell me that the scanning of the complete directory is not happening at all. Let me know the result, and include an appropriate log if it's still failing.

I got it figured out. I was trying to postprocess an episode that I had already downloaded, but deleted and tried to reprocess to test. I forgot to rescan files in SB so it was not processing it since it thought I already had the episode in the folder. SB will recursively process directories in the watch folder.
airtower

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools