How to: rTorrent + ruTorrent + Sickbeard Seamless

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: How to: rTorrent + ruTorrent + Sickbeard Seamless

Postby Alfaspyke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:05 am

Yes I think you definately is on to something, but there must be more to it than that.
In my temp-process folder I now have
Code: Select all
IMAX.Dinosaurs.Giants.of.Patagonia.2007.Bluray.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv/
Once.Upon.A.Time.S01E17.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-ECI/

OUaT.S01E17 does include season+episode info.
But in my Sickbeard/history tab I can see that OUaT S01E18 was successfully grabbed and processed by rtorrent/sicbeard.
?!??!

Since I started to use Sickbeard based on your writeup it has grabbed several episodes successfully.
SB grabbing, rtorrent downloading and seeding to 2xratio, torrent deleted successfully just as expected.
And then there are a few "bad eggs" that really makes me scratch my head.
You probably have the solution on why the IMAX files didnt process correctly due to missing season/episode information.

Thank yo ufor your time!
If you can think on a reason why the OUaT file didnt process correctly I would appreciate to read your thoughts on it.
I will monitor this thread a while.
Alfaspyke

Postby xombiemp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am

I think your main problem is that you are testing your setup with torrents that don't come from TVTorrents. You can't throw a movie at Sickbeard and expect it to do anything with it. As for the Once Apon a Time episode it looks like the torrent is a folder that contains the episode and possibly other files. This setup relies on torrents that just contain the episode with no containing folder, like you would get with TVTorrents.

So my main suggestion is, when you are doing your testing do it with torrents you downloaded from TVTorrents for shows that you've already added to Sickbeard, otherwise you will not get consistent results.
xombiemp

Postby agentgreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 am

I followed this guide and so far everything is working except the sickbeardPostProcess.sh script. I am getting the following when sickbeard tries to run it:

Apr-26 13:27:01 DEBUG CP Server Thread-6 :: Absolute path to script: /home/ag/.sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh
Apr-26 13:27:01 DEBUG CP Server Thread-6 :: Unknown value passed in, ignoring it: <type 'int'> (2:<type 'int'>)
Apr-26 13:27:01 INFO CP Server Thread-6 :: Unable to run extra_script: 2

I can run the script manually, and it runs fine.

Here is what Sickbeard is sending to it:

Apr-26 13:27:01 INFO CP Server Thread-6 :: Executing command ['sickbeardPostProcess.sh', u"/m/TV/How I Met Your Mother/Season 07/How I Met Your Mother - 7x21 - Now We're Even!.mkv", u'/m/rtorrent/temp-process/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E21.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E21.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv', '75760', '7', '21', '2012-04-16']

Any ideas?
agentgreen

Postby xombiemp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 pm

agentgreen wrote:Apr-26 13:27:01 INFO CP Server Thread-6 :: Unable to run extra_script: 2

Any ideas?

Well, it looks like OSError 2 is 'No such file or directory'. I would suggest to make sure that your variables are coming out right in sickbeardPostProcess.sh before the link is being created.
Comment out the line that actually makes the link:

#!/bin/bash
filePath="$1"
originalNameTemp="$2"
originalName=${originalNameTemp##*/}
seedDir="/m/rtorrent/autoseed"
echo "creating link $seedDir/$originalName to $filePath"
#ln -s "$filePath" "$seedDir/$originalName"

Then process another file and look for the "creating link" line that this script echoes in your sickbeard log.

For the example you posted it should look something like this:
creating link /m/rtorrent/autoseed/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E21.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv to /m/TV/How I Met Your Mother/Season 07/How I Met Your Mother - 7x21 - Now We're Even!.mkv

Do this and post what you see in the sickbeard log.
xombiemp

Postby agentgreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Doesn't seem to get that far. I commented out the ln line:

#!/bin/bash
filePath="$1"
originalNameTemp="$2"
seedDir="/m/rtorrent/autoseed/"
echo "creating link $seedDir/$originalName to $filePath"
#ln -s "$filePath" "$seedDir/$originalName"

And I get the same error:

Apr-26 14:49:44 INFO CP Server Thread-6 :: Executing command ['sickbeardPostProcess.sh', u'/m/TV//The Simpsons/Season 23/The Simpsons - 23x18 - Beware My Cheating Bart.mkv', u'/m/rtorrent/temp-process/The.Simpsons.S23E18.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv/The.Simpsons.S23E18.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv', '71663', '23', '18', '2012-04-15']
Apr-26 14:49:44 DEBUG CP Server Thread-6 :: Absolute path to script: /home/ag/.sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh
Apr-26 14:49:44 DEBUG CP Server Thread-6 :: Unknown value passed in, ignoring it: <type 'int'> (2:<type 'int'>)
Apr-26 14:49:44 INFO CP Server Thread-6 :: Unable to run extra_script: 2
agentgreen

Postby agentgreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 pm

So as a test, I modified the sickbeardPostProcess.sh script to the following:

#!/bin/bash

echo "$1"
echo "$2"
echo "$3"
echo "$4"
echo "$5"
echo "$6"
echo "$7"
echo "$8"

And I'm getting the same error. Not really sure what's going on here.
agentgreen

Postby xombiemp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

hmm, so the script is not getting run at all. Try setting the permissions to 777 for sickbeardPostProcess.sh for testing. And make sure the extra scripts line it your sickbeard config looks like this:

extra_scripts = /root/sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh

but with the path that you use. Make sure sickbeard isn't running when you edit the config or it will get over written next time you restart it. I think I remember that I was having some trouble getting the script to run too; I can't remember exactly, but I think when I took away the quotes that I had around the extra_scripts path in the config it started working.

Just keep trying to get the extra_scripts to echo something, then you can reintroduce the symbolic link code.
xombiemp

Postby agentgreen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 am

Figured it out, I had to put the full path to the script in config.ini:

extra_scripts = /home/ag/.sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh

Once I did that, all is working!

Awesome!
agentgreen

Postby xombiemp » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:45 am

agentgreen wrote:Figured it out, I had to put the full path to the script in config.ini:

extra_scripts = /home/ag/.sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh

Once I did that, all is working!

Awesome!

Nice job! Glad it's working. I'll put a note in that section of the guide to make it more explicit that you need the full path.
xombiemp

Postby agentgreen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Good deal. I also modified your sickbeardPostProcess.sh script a bit since I use sickbeard with newsgroups as well. Pretty basic change, all it does is check for the presence of "rtorrent" in the originalNameTemp variable, and if there, continues the script. If it's not there (because sabnzbd downloaded it), it stops the script from running. This way, I'm not getting symlinks for stuff downloaded from sabnzbd.

Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash

filePath="$1"
originalNameTemp="$2"
seedDir="/m/rtorrent/autoseed/"

if [[ "$originalNameTemp" == *rtorrent* ]]; then
        echo "creating link $seedDir/$originalName to $filePath";
        ln -s "$filePath" "$seedDir/$originalName";
else
        echo "Not from rtorrent, ignoring";
        exit 0;