How to: rTorrent + ruTorrent + Sickbeard Seamless

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: How to: rTorrent + ruTorrent + Sickbeard Seamless

Postby midna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 am

Unfortunately I don't have a backup of your old rtorrent.rc do you have it? Perhaps I can compare the two and see what may be causing my error?
midna

Postby xombiemp » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

midna wrote:I tried the new rtorrent.rc and I get the following error every time a torrent gets added via sickbeard to autowatch

"Inactive: Command on torrent creation failed: Missing value argument."

Hmm, that's weird. I'm using rtorrent 0.8.6, what version are you using? I'm going to upload my config files as attachments in case something is getting messed up in the copy and paste. I'll upload my current config and the old one I used to use.
Attachments
rtorrent.rc.zip
rtorrent.rc config files
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
xombiemp

Postby midna » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 am

I'm using version 0.8.6. Specifically it says at the top: rTorrent 0.8.6/0.12.6 - ubuntu:30748.

I used the version provided in the zip file (not the old). And the error went away. I'm thinking I must have screwed something up in the copy paste. I will update with how the file moving process goes.

Thanks again for all the help! I'm looking forward to having this working and automated :)
midna

Postby midna » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Everything downloaded successfully and got moved over to the correct locations by sickbeard. The symlink was not made for seeding, but I will investigate that further. Thanks again!
midna

Postby midna » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm

I had screwed up the seed directory on sickbeardPostProcess.sh.

For anyone seeing this later. If your torrents complete, but at the end say "pausing" with 0% downloaded, check the seed directory on sickbeardPostProcess.sh.
midna

Postby xombiemp » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Glad you got it figured out! Now just let it seed to 2.0 or whatever you set it to and see if it deletes the sym link and removes the torrent.
xombiemp

Postby scottwf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 am

I I used the easy ruTorrent installer at http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=608.0 and then followed your guide to configure my .rtorrent.rc. It's working, but doesn't seem to move it to the post process folder until it has seeded to the set ratio. According to the guide it should be creating a sum link and moving as soon as it has finished downloading right?
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
scottwf

Postby xombiemp » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 am

scottwf wrote:Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

It's hard to say because I don't know which parts of my guide you skipped. Some important things to check are:
  • Make sure all your paths are correct in .rtorrent.rc for you setup. (should be 6 to change)
  • Make sure you created rtorrentToSickBeard.py in the sickbeard autoProcessTV directory
  • Make sure you created sickbeardPostProcess.sh in the sickbeard directory and that you edited the autoseed path for your setup
  • Make sure extra_scripts = /root/sickbeard/sickbeardPostProcess.sh is in your sickbeard config.ini
  • Make sure your sickbeard GUI settings match mine
One other thing is that easy installer script you ran installed close to all the rutorrent plugins. The autotools and ratio plugins will conflict with this setup because we are handling that manually in the rtorrent.rc config. So go to your rutorrent plugins dir and delete autotools and ratio.

Let me know if it's still not working after you check all those things.
Last edited by xombiemp on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xombiemp

Postby scottwf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I made some changes and now it successfully
[list=]
watches the folder and adds the torrent
downloads the episode to the download folder (/media/Media/Downloads/Torrents)
moves the file when finished downloading but...
[/list]
The problem is instead of putting it in
Code: Select all
/media/Media/Downloads/Post-Process/Television/

it moves it into
/media/Media/Downloads/Seeding//media/Media/Downloads/Post-Process/Television/

Here's the relevant section of my rtorrent.rc
# Watch a directory for new torrents
schedule = watch_directory_1,5,5,"load_start=/media/Media/Downloads/Watch/Television/*.torrent, d.set_custom1=/media/Media/Downloads/Post-Process/Television/"
schedule = watch_directory_2,5,5,"load_start=/media/Media/Downloads/Watch/General/*.torrent"

# Set ratio group based on isauto
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,set_ratio,"branch=d.get_custom=isauto,view.set_visible=group_1,view.set_visible=group_2"

# Set autodir to concatination of isauto and torrent name
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,set_autodir,"d.set_custom=autodir,\"$cat=$d.get_custom=isauto,$d.get_name=\""

# Set manualdir to concatination of complete dir and label name
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,set_manualdir,"d.set_custom=manualdir,\"$cat=/media/Media/Downloads/Seeding/,$d.get_custom1=\""

# Set move to dir in movedir
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,set_movedir,"branch=d.get_custom=isauto,\"d.set_custom=movedir,$d.get_custom=autodir\",\"d.set_custom=movedir,$d.get_custom=manualdir\""

# Delete .torrent
system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_new,del_tor,"execute={rm,-rf,--,$d.get_loaded_file=}"

# Close torrents when diskspace is low.
#schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=100M

# Move torrent data to another folder when download is complete
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"execute=mkdir,-p,$d.get_custom=movedir;d.set_directory=$d.get_custom=movedir;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom=movedir"

# Set autoseed dirctory if Auto group
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_dir,"branch=d.get_custom=isauto,d.set_directory=/media/Media/Downloads/Seeding/"

# Call rtorrentToSickBeard.py if in Auto group
system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,toSickbeard,"branch=d.get_custom=isauto,\"execute={/home/htpc/.sickbeard/autoProcessTV/rtorrentToSickBeard.py,$d.get_custom=movedir,$d.get_name=}\""

# Set actions for groups completed ratio
system.method.set = group.group_1.ratio.command, d.close=, "execute={rm,-rf,--,$d.get_base_path=}", d.erase=
system.method.set = group.group_2.ratio.command, d.close=
scottwf

Postby xombiemp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:45 pm

scottwf wrote:
schedule = watch_directory_1,5,5,"load_start=/media/Media/Downloads/Watch/Television/*.torrent, d.set_custom1=/media/Media/Downloads/Post-Process/Television/"

Here's your problem, you aren't setting the isauto variable, you are setting custom1. custom1 is used by rutorrent to store tags you assign to torrents. What you want to do is:

schedule = watch_directory_1,5,5,"load_start=/media/Media/Downloads/Watch/Television/*.torrent, d.set_custom1=tv, \"d.set_custom=isauto,/media/Media/Downloads/Post-Process/Television/\"

This way you are setting the isauto variable with your post processing folder and the rest of the branches actually work. custom1 is being set to "tv" which just means that torrents added through this watch directory will receive a tag of "tv". If you don't want that just delete the d.set_custom1=tv, (it's not essential, just adds a tag).

See if that works.
xombiemp

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools