Beta test Sick Beard for iOS

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: Beta test Sick Beard for iOS

Postby colinhumber » Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Just got an email from Saurik at Cydia and even they won't host the app. If you bought the app and were unable to get the update please email sickbeardios@gmail.com and I will send you the updated .app file directly or feel free to request a refund. Likely I will just be open sourcing the code and looking for donations, much like Sick Beard proper.
colinhumber

Postby nutski » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 am

What reason have they given for not hosting, seeing as they host iCouchPotato there can't be much of an issue?
nutski

Postby colinhumber » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:15 am

Basically they (Saurik, BigBoss, ModMyi) have taken a zero-tolerance policy on apps that enable any type of illegal file sharing. Saurik said they pulled iCouchPotato as well, apparently.
colinhumber

Postby nutski » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

Well iCouchPotato is still there as i have just redownloaded it onto my iPhone....

If you host it someone and ask for donations i'll be first inline with my Paypal account
nutski

Postby colinhumber » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:51 am

nutski wrote:Well iCouchPotato is still there as i have just redownloaded it onto my iPhone....

If you host it someone and ask for donations i'll be first inline with my Paypal account

Weird...which repo is it on? I can't find it anywhere in my Cydia. I've had some offers to do just that and it's something I will definitely look into. Just gotta figure out if it's blocked from Cydia completely or just the payment system. Don't want it to get pulled again.
colinhumber

Postby nutski » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 am

Just checked on Cydia, its showing as on Modmyi.
It shouldn't be blocked Cydia, as you can still add 'suspect' sources to Cydia, will just be that they will just not accept it on their repos, if you can set your own repo of add to someones it should be fine.
nutski

Postby colinhumber » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Ok everyone. I've posted the app to a new repo at http://cydia.myrepospace.com/SickBeardiOS. Just add this to Cydia and you're set! Since I can no longer charge through Cydia I'm going to be relying on donations. Please consider donating through PayPal at http://bit.ly/MlqbNs.
colinhumber

Postby usk78dk » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:36 pm

When I search in Cydia, I find the SickBeard app, but it says 'Product Delisted, Reason: Advertising....'. What am I doing wrong. Isn't it possible to get this app anymore?
usk78dk

Postby colinhumber » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 pm

usk78dk wrote:When I search in Cydia, I find the SickBeard app, but it says 'Product Delisted, Reason: Advertising....'. What am I doing wrong. Isn't it possible to get this app anymore?

Check my last post which had details on how to get it from the new repo.
colinhumber

Postby colinhumber » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks to everyone who has donated. I really appreciate it! If you want to donate to help development continue, go to http://bit.ly/MlqbNs. Thanks!
colinhumber

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools