Usenet vs Torrents in SB + which usenet providers to choose

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Re: Usenet vs Torrents in SB + which usenet providers to cho

Postby thewarm » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

I've been using Supernews for over 2 years now. Excellent, 1000 day retention, and only $11.99/mo!
thewarm

Postby fluidwater » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:50 pm

thewarm wrote:I've been using Supernews for over 2 years now. Excellent, 1000 day retention, and only $11.99/mo!

Thanks! I'll make the switch at the end of his billing cycle.
fluidwater

Postby watchhao » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 pm

+1 for Astraweb. Never any issues.
Welcome to our jewelry online store, we provide Pandora Rings,bracelets and all types of Pandora Charms Australia.Come to buy Jewelry at the Exciting Price tag.
watchhao

Postby asgar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Giganews all the way.
Amazing retention, excellent up-time and brutal speed, even over SSL.
I max out my downstream capacity easily when using SSL (100 Mbit).

Used to have EasyNews, but Giganews stomps all over that service on all aspects, so I jumped ship a month after Giganews opened.
Prices are great also [in my opinion] and they have servers both in the US and in my home geo (europe). Thus it's "eco friendly" as well, no wasteful hogging of the over crowded transatlantic cables :)
asgar

Postby flantastic » Sun May 06, 2012 11:33 pm

I've been using easynews for years now. I love that it has the web interface so that if out someplace without a full setup (at a friends, or such), I can still get content without needing to install anything on their system. They are insanely expensive compared to these other options though (I pay $30/mo!). Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives that would still have the convenience of a web interface? Thanks!
flantastic

Postby willgonz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 pm

I vote Easynews. But I have been a member for a long time and I have gigs of RollOver Gigs. I like them mostly for their WebInterface. I have used Usenet readers in the past and they take forever to search and index. Easynews has an AutoUnArchive feature so you can just download the video file or preview it.
willgonz

Postby baconnaise » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Astraweb for me. The retention and unlimited use (20 connection limit atm with ssl) seems solid. Astraweb I don't have to specify EU or US (option is there though) and I can reap all the benefits.
baconnaise

Postby ratchet » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 pm

I use UsenetServer myself, no problems yet and downloads max out my connection speed (40Mbps) 90% of the time.
ratchet

Postby jaearess » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Anyone know of a good EU-only provider (either unlimited or block accounts) that accepts credit cards through something other than Paypal? (I guess that's actually pretty specific, but I'm hoping there's at least one provider out there that matches that profile.)

I've tried to find something myself and through various list sites, but I haven't found something that is exactly that. Everything either only accepts Paypal or doesn't accept credit cards or has US and EU servers (which means all their servers are vulnerable to DMCA take downs.)

Currently I'm using Giganews with a Blocknews block account for back-up, but I'd like to branch out to something outside the U.S.
jaearess

Postby BinaryTB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

jaearess wrote:... but I'd like to branch out to something outside the U.S.

Same here.
BinaryTB

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools