Usenet vs Torrents in SB + which usenet providers to choose

If you've made an extra_script, made a 3rd party tool, or just added some functionality in a fork you can post about it here.

Usenet vs Torrents in SB + which usenet providers to choose

Postby midgetspy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Usenet works with Sick Beard far better than with Torrents for a number of reasons. If you're curious about how usenet works or why it's better for SB, read this: http://sickbeard.com/usenet.html

Short answer: I use UsenetServer (cheapest unlimited accounts @ $8/mo), and I'd recommend BlockNews for the cheapest block accounts (if you dl less than 80GB/mo).
midgetspy

Re: Usenet vs Torrents in SB + which usenet providers to cho

Postby Dekker » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am

I am using Astraweb for the same price, $96/year, and they got good speed and retention. When i started I was using Giganews, but got tired of being robbed($29/month).
Dekker

Postby 5stringdeath » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 pm

+1 for Astraweb. Never any issues.
5stringdeath

Postby midgetspy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 am

Yep the Astra yearly price is also good but their monthly price is more than UsenetServer's $10/month which I why I recommend them. Many people don't like paying a year at once :0)
midgetspy

Postby mfalaura » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

Newshosing has an unlimited offer (downloads + speed) less than $9/mo ($8.33 exactly). Usenet is better for DL because it's direct download.(not like torrents...)
If you hesitate, you can have a look on this usenet comparison engine : http://best-newsgroup-provider.com (i choose one after visiting this website) I hope it will help someone to take his decision !
mfalaura

Postby protocol77 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:46 am

i am new to using sickbeard only started using for a week now and has been fantastic i have been using it with my usenet provider Ngroups.Net they are not as known as some of the ones listed here but i am paying $9.99 per month for unlimited download 30 ssl connections two servers to choose from (US or EU) i haven't had one problem with these guys and there customer supports is excellent i get a reply to any question usually within a couple of hours i also max out my connection which is great too and they are constantly raising the retention last time i checked it was 972 days which is up there with astraweb and giganews and other bigger providers
protocol77

Postby mfalaura » Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm

What is the name of this provider ?
mfalaura

Postby midgetspy » Mon May 16, 2011 3:41 pm

What provider?

protocol77: Looks like a good deal, same as UsenetServer except that UsenetServer sends SB a donation if you sign up with them :0)
midgetspy

Postby pimpfelix » Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 pm

I use astraweb.. Never had any problems. I use it on different computers. Fast ass download speed. Hardly any missing files. If i'm downloading at work and sab is downloading at home I get an error of "Account sharing" and cant download. They prevent you from downloading from 2 different ip's at one time which is fine. Once one IP stops downloading then the other IP is allowed :) I love them..
pimpfelix

Postby midgetspy » Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 pm

FYI UsenetServer does not prevent multiple IPs at this time :0)
midgetspy

Next

Return to Mobile Apps, Extra Scripts, Supplementary Tools