Time of day Search Frequency

Discuss ideas for new features in this forum.

Time of day Search Frequency

Postby ratchet » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:34 am

I'd like to be able to search on a more frequent basis, say every 15 minutes, but there's no need to search that often during the day. I propose a method to customize the search frequency during specific times of day so that I can search every few hours during the day when there is not often anything new to download, and every 15 minutes at night when new releases become available.

This would help avoid unwarranted traffic during times when it`s not necessary and reduce the load on indexing sites.
ratchet

Re: Time of day Search Frequency

Postby zoggy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 am

not everyone is in the same time zone. and most providers have limits on how often you can search and how often they update their feeds. if you understand python its not hard to look in the source code to see where these are set..
zoggy

Postby ratchet » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm

My idea would be local time of course. So for example Sck Beard would check the local time and if it's between the time when I know new shows are becoming available, it will search with more frequency. It would be user set.
ratchet

Postby billyknep » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:24 pm

This is actually a feature I'd like to see. A user selectable time to search

15 minutes between 8pm and 11pm or whatever time I wish to be set
30 minutes the rest of the day. Or whatever I set it to.
RIP NZBMatrix (Formerly Spaulding)

Forgot what account I had here and with which email address :-( Had to create a new one
billyknep

Postby zoggy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm

sb is always searching.. why you see rss querys every x interval (that the user has set) and why we recommend sb stay on 24/7. the backlog is globally run every 3 weeks. limited backlog is ran daily and when/if forced or if an ep in a season is set to wanted
zoggy

Return to Feature Requests