Custom Naming Rules/Exceptions?

Discuss ideas for new features in this forum.

Custom Naming Rules/Exceptions?

Postby akasurreal » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I apologize if this exists or has already been requested, but I wasn't seeing it.

There are a number of shows where the name Sickbeard uses doesn't seem to match the scene release for one reason or another. Could we get an option to implement our own naming rules/exceptions to manually fix when this happens? I have had this happen many times but a recent example:

Sickbeard show name: The Burn With Jeff Ross
Scene show name: The Burn

Would be great to just have a spot when you edit a show to manually adjust/override what name it's searching for.

Thanks!

Michael
akasurreal

Re: Custom Naming Rules/Exceptions?

Postby rascalli » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:53 am

First : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=627

Second : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2227
When using this it will be solved for all users
And ofcourse you can add exceptions manual to the database ... note that this is all done on your own risk (this is mentioned in the forum)
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby akasurreal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm

How do you add exceptions manually? And the list that you maintain in that second link, when/how does that integrate with our Sickbeard? Do we need to update to new version or download that file and put it somewhere?
akasurreal

Postby rascalli » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 pm

@ akasurreal :

To add manual to db , search a bit in the forums and you would have found for example : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2800&p=23145&hilit=match+of+the+day#p23145

How it is add to SB , have a look at the scene exception post : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2227
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby akasurreal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:42 am

It's great that there IS a way to manually add an exception, but would be nice to have a GUI for that in the future. =)

If you add a scene exception, how does that propagate to all SB users, is it only in future updates?
akasurreal

Postby zoggy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 pm

the 'scene exception' is handled by us internally which sb grabs on startup/updates. why it doesnt make sense to support anyone on adding them.. and honestly its a 'flaw' that we allow you to add your own.. because ideally we should be nuking the exceptions stored before updating the list.. that way we can fix mistakes/undo an exception..
zoggy

Postby mr_orange » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 am

I have added this feature in thepiratebay branch. You can add a personal exception in edit show page.
What zoggy says is right but there are some cases where a needed exception will not accepted in master exceptions.
mr_orange

Return to Feature Requests