Find alternate nzb on failed download

Discuss ideas for new features in this forum.

Find alternate nzb on failed download

Postby illrigger » Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am

It would be great if you could add a way to have the app find a different nzb when a snatched download fails. I've had numerous issues where when trying to backfil old seasons where the download will fail, but re-trying will just pull the same bad nzb over and over, but when I go out and look I can manually find a working one. Having a button that will search again but ignore the previous result would solve this.

FYI, http://couchpotatoapp.com/ (an app similar to sickbeard for movies, also coded in Python) has this feature already, so maybe you could swap code or gain insight from how he does it? He could probably benefit from your experience as well, since Sickbeard is a much more mature project than CouchPotato at this point.
illrigger

Re: Find alternate nzb on failed download

Postby rascalli » Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 am

NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby MartynH » Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 am

I think this is a great idea - in fact I came here just to post this exact same message...but I was going to do it in the correct place ;) (just couldn't work out how to add an enhancement and not an issue)
MartynH

Postby healthygoatee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:22 pm

So MartynH, did you post it at google code? I also came here for the exact same reason, but don't see it posted there (can't find it with a search) and would like to avoid making a duplicate.

This is a killer feature -- I've only just discovered both Sick Beard and Couch Potato recently (about a month for Sick Beard, and about 1 week for Couch Potato) and my very first thought when I found this feature in Couch Potato was "Wow I wish Sick Beard had this". Currently I fall back to torrents or manually locate another nzb as soon as I get a failure in Sick Beard, because there doesn't appear to be any other way to handle it..

(Love Sick Beard by the way!)
healthygoatee

Postby healthygoatee » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 am

For anyone else who digs up this thread, the issue is #24, and it has the most stars of any issue, so this is encouraging. :-)

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/list
healthygoatee

Return to Feature Requests