Video : HOW TO , BASIC SETTINGS

Common questions can be answered here

Video : HOW TO , BASIC SETTINGS

Postby Kora » Tue May 24, 2011 4:03 am

Hi guys and gals i made a video about sickbeard and how to use the basics.

If you wanna see it is on my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/korathias

If this is not allowed please tell me and ill take it down and remove the post, If you do watch it please comment so i can improve the video`s
Kora

Re: Video

Postby tango » Tue May 24, 2011 5:56 am

Great idea..... Don't know why I have not seen this done before. I will definitely take a look....
Thanks for taking the effort to make a video for us.
tango

Postby Kora » Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 am

I did this out of love for this program. I want everyone to use and thus the video. But thanks for the reply.. Please feel free to comment on the video
Kora

Postby rascalli » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am

Thank you very much , I 'll replace it into the FAQ
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Re: Video : HOW TO , BASIC SETTINGS

Postby sm4k » Sat May 28, 2011 11:35 am

As a SickBeard/NewsGroups noob I really appreciate this video. I was up and going in the time it took to follow along the video. Without it I would still probably be fighting with getting the searching set up.

However, when you talk about the 'Keep Original Files' and 'Scan and Process' checkboxes under Config/Post Processing you don't really talk about what they do, you just recommend leaving them both checked, which caused a little problem for me, so I wanted to put a note here in case anyone else runs into it.

I had XBMC notifications enabled, and couldn't figure out why XBMC kept notifying me of completed downloads for the same shows over and over, it was really quite annoying as there would be a pop up about once every 15-20 seconds while I'm trying to watch a show.

When 'Keep Original Files' is enabled, SickBeard will keep all of the original downloaded files in their original downloaded location, regardless of what happens to the show in post-processing. This may sound fine, however if you download to a different directory than the show is stored in (which I assume most people do), you are essentially letting each show take up twice as much hard drive space, as you wind up with two copies of each show--one in the download directory, and one in the storage directory that you specified when adding the show that SickBeard will put it in after processing.

This becomes an actual problem when you have 'Scan and Process' checked, because SickBeard seems to not be smart enough to realize it has already processed a show, and will continually post-process your downloads forever, from what I can tell, based on both the XBMC notifications, and reviewing SickBeard's logs.

I un-checked 'Keep Original Files,' and manually cleared out my download directory. Now it only notifies when I have legitimately new stuff, and everything is being stored like I wanted.
sm4k

Postby jackch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 am

yeah,I want everyone to use and thus the video. But thanks for the reply.. Please feel free to comment on the video
jackch

Postby jackch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 am

yeah, I want everyone to use and thus the video. But thanks for the reply.. Please feel free to comment on the video
jackch

Postby kerwin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 am

thanks for you sharing, i'll do it according to this!
kerwin

Postby PoppaF » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am

Would love to see your video but not on your site?
is it still available??
Richard
PoppaF

Postby Graebeard » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:15 am

Sorry to see they were removed. Anyone have a copy or link to them?

Thanks
Graebeard

Next

Return to FAQ