Install Guide for SOURCE on Windows XP

Common questions can be answered here

Install Guide for SOURCE on Windows XP

Postby pweed » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks for a great tool - I've been using for many months without issue and it is awesome.

I've been, until recently, running the source code version on Windows XP. My machine crapped out and I rebuilt it, and when I tried to find the installation guide on the main site, it was no longer there. I really don't want to run the compiled binary as I liked updated the software with each new commit. I realize that the old install guide was a bit dated, but it did have a nice walk-through of all the components that needed to be installed and where to get them. But I cannot find it anywhere, and I cannot find a guide for installing the source again on Windows. I've been working through the linux installation guide and attempting to do that on Windows, but have some problems with GIT on XP (python is working just fine) and how to get all those pieces working.

Is there a link somewhere to the old install guide (I already tried waybackmachine and there is no archive for this site) or a new one that leads the way? Am I missing something here? Why was the old guide completely removed?

Thanks!
pweed

Re: Install Guide for SOURCE on Windows XP

Postby rascalli » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:58 am

it is removed , as if you run from source .. you normally know how to install it ;-)

See below file for the install guide (don't we love google cache ;-) )

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1108/sickbeardinstallationo.pdf
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby pweed » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Thank you so much for that. It should be obvious (at this point) that I followed the 'cookbook' pretty blindly. To its credit, all worked well, however I will pay closer attention to the details and learn a bit. I hate all forms of development for Windows and would much rather be dealing with the linux side. My next project will be to create the whole environment in a linux VM; easier to back it all up that way, anyway.

Thank you!!!

Lou
pweed

Postby chimeraxp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:32 am

Good day guys ,
I didn't want to start a new post as this one was already started .
the link to the PDF no longer works. does anyone have it saved ?

so know of a walkthrough for windows source ?
I have sabnzb,sickbeard,couchpotato
Current install has been running for about 2 years , and my the walkthrough I used then is long gone.

thanks if someone can assist me
chimeraxp

Return to FAQ