Adding shows error...

Get help with Sick Beard and report/discuss bugs

Adding shows error...

Postby opentoe » Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Unable to add show
Unable to look up the show in Y:\TV\Kitchen Nightmares on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.

I get this error. Does this mean because TVDB is not working that SB can't add my show?
opentoe

Re: Adding shows error...

Postby opentoe » Wed May 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm also getting this error on TV shows that I know are there. Does this also mean that TVDB web site is taking a killing and probably won't be reliable anymore? It was nice years ago when no one knew about this stuff. Now that we have easy Windows installers where you just click a mouse button and news server services pretty cheap, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. I guess it will boil down to survival of the fittest. At least Sickbeard has a jump on it. I've seen a couple programs still in development that are incredible and have some amazing feature/options, but of course will cost you money. Even a monthly fee to use the program. Of course if it is good then I'll give it a try. I was told not to public "name" the program but if you are smart, you'll figure it out.

Unable to add show
Unable to look up the show in Y:\TV\House on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.

Actually, even if the delete the show house, REMOVE the entire folder some where else and then try to add it normally it won't add either. I guess TVDB has an issue with this show. Who knows. I know the show has ended, but it still is current.
opentoe

Postby opentoe » Wed May 23, 2012 8:34 pm

This is the error that comes around when trying to add HOUSE. I'm lost.

2012-05-23 21:51:44.987000 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error contacting TVDB: Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF ... all/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
2012-05-23 21:57:07.439000 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error contacting TVDB: Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF ... all/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
2012-05-23 21:58:47.638000 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error contacting TVDB: Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF ... all/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
opentoe

Postby red » Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm

I have a similar problem;

Unable to add show.

Show in h:\sickbeard\Political Animals has no name on TVDB, probably the wrong language. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.
red

Postby itofzo » Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 am

@opentoe
Adding shows when they are ended is not a problem. House should add fine
BTW Kitchen Nightmares should also be no problem (just tried)

Sometimes it's just a problem connecting to thetvdb.com, so retry another time/ day.

When trying to add a show when you get 'Error contacting TVDB' the only thing you can do is wait.
Trying to (re)add the show within a 'short amount' of time will not help
1. There is a error-timeout check (1 minute or so), so it doesn't reconnect to thetvdb.com
2. thetvdb recache time is 15 minutes or so.

@red
Different problem.
Check the show in THETVDB.com. Political Animals had no episodes listed yet.
Because THETVDB is an open database you can add an episode yourself.

When there are no episodes SickBeard creates the folder but doesn't add the show to the database.
Just to see if it works I just added S01E01 episode to thetvdb.com.
Try to 'add existing show' with h:\sickbeard\Political Animals again.
itofzo

Postby isaacm » Thu May 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I am getting the same error when trying to add homeland and american dad

Unable to look up the show in /volume1/TV Episodes/American Dad! on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
isaacm

Postby isaacm » Thu May 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Looks like the issue is fixed once I updated SB.
isaacm

Postby opentoe » Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

isaacm wrote:Looks like the issue is fixed once I updated SB.

I didn't update SB and my show eventually was added. TVDB was not responding. Apparently they have server issues.
opentoe

Return to Support / Bug Reports