Manual post processing - show names problem/suggestion

Get help with Sick Beard and report/discuss bugs

Manual post processing - show names problem/suggestion

Postby mdsc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Recent SB convert and loving it. Thanks.

However, when manually post processing, SB often fails to recognize the proper show name. From my understanding of how it works, each episode filename must include the exact (or near exact) TVDB show name for SB to recognize a match. This is a problem, because many of the episode files are abbreviated, causing SB to fail in processing.

For example:
For the show "Doctor Who (2005)," if the episode name is "doctor.who.2005.3x10.avi" everything works fine, but if it is "drwho.3x10.avi" then there is no match and the episode is not processed successfully. Because of this, I have been manually renaming each problem file before running the manual post processing.

Perhaps there is a much more simple and obvious way that I am ignorant of. My suggestion would be for SB to examine the folder name where all the episodes are contained (e.g. "~/shows/doctor who 2005 s03"), and assume all the files inside are of that show. Of course, if you had a bunch of different shows in the same folder, it would be a disaster, but does anyone really keep their shows/files so disorganized?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
mdsc

Re: Manual post processing - show names problem/suggestion

Postby daemox » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

I actually had a thought on this, but I wasn't sure if it would work or not so maybe Midget Spy can clarify for us both in one swoop.

I had thought to enable SABnzbd+'s TV Sorting which, if I'm not mistaken makes use of NZB info to help it along (and not just the file name which, again, if I'm not mistaken is all that Sick Beard uses?). I too ,every so often, get a bunch of files that were spastically named and just refuse to be processed by Sick Bead, whereas I suspect SABnzbd+ would have been able to rename these files using the NZB info (since they were named well in SABnzbd+'s queue). Again, not a big deal by any means, but I was curious if the above might be a solution to this minor problem.

Though, now that I think of it, this may just be related to whole season archives, which may also be something worth adding on as an optional feature if possible in the future, but really I'm just thinking out loud here.

Thanks,
daemox
daemox

Postby mdsc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Yes, this is primarily a problem for entire season folders. I don't have the NZB files, so I can't get SAB to do the renaming for me!

Still waiting to hear more on this topic.

Thanks!
mdsc

Postby midgetspy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:17 pm

I've started writing the post processing script from scratch so hopefully it will solve issues like this.
midgetspy

Postby mdsc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 pm

That's great news! Thank you.
mdsc

Postby clambert » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm another one with this same problem. The tvdb id is correct in the tvshow.nfo file in the show directory. It must not use that for post processing.

My particular situation is for Brothers & Sisters (tvdb id 79506), which I download for my wife (I swear!!!). :)

Here is my error:
Sick Beard wrote:Postprocessing results
Processing folder G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]
Recursively processing a folder: [ Processing ]
Processing folder G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]\[ Processing ]
Auto processing file: G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]\Brothers and Sisters - S05E09 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.mkv (G:\[ TV Show Downloads ])
Processing file G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]\Brothers and Sisters - S05E09 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.mkv (with folder name [ TV Show Downloads ] and NZB name )
Attempting to parse name G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]\Brothers and Sisters - S05E09 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Ended up with season 5 and episodes [9]
Checking scene exceptions for Brothers and Sisters
Looking up name Brothers and Sisters on TVDB
Got tvdb_id 78167 and series name Brothers and Sisters (1979) from TVDB
The episode doesn't match a show in my list - bad naming?
Processing failed for G:\[ TV Show Downloads ]\Brothers and Sisters - S05E09 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.mkv

I have not gotten to try the automatic post processing for this show. Can I expect that to function correctly?
Let's Go O's!
clambert

Postby rascalli » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:11 pm

As you can see SB searches for the ID : 78167

I guess you are manually trying to process a download folder ?
And in that download folder there is no nfo with the ID from TheTVDB , so SB thinks it is the wrong one

If you use SB to download the show , then it will know what ID it needs to use
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby clambert » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 pm

rascalli wrote:As you can see SB searches for the ID : 78167

I guess you are manually trying to process a download folder ?
And in that download folder there is no nfo with the ID from TheTVDB , so SB thinks it is the wrong one

If you use SB to download the show , then it will know what ID it needs to use

Ok, cool. I'm not going to worry about it then. It's probably not something that would happen too much then. The problem occurred because I had the wrong TV Download Directory listed for SAB.

Thanks.
Let's Go O's!
clambert

Postby midgetspy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Also I'm not fixing any PP bugs because I am writing the PP code from scratch in the name_parser branch. It's currently in testing so if you want to try it and see if the issue is fix feel free :0)
midgetspy

Postby blah238 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 am

midgetspy wrote:Also I'm not fixing any PP bugs because I am writing the PP code from scratch in the name_parser branch. It's currently in testing so if you want to try it and see if the issue is fix feel free :0)

I tried it (the name_parser branch) on another 60 Minutes episode just for funsies:
Code: Select all
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: Processing folder E:\Shared\SickBeard
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_shows
Dec-07 01:42:06 INFO     CP Server Thread-6 :: Processing E:\Shared\SickBeard\60.minutes.us.2010.11.14.hdtv.xvid-yt.avi (None)
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: Parsed E:\Shared\SickBeard\60.minutes.us.2010.11.14.hdtv.xvid-yt.avi into 60 minutes us -  - hdtv.xvid (yt)
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: Looking up 60 minutes us in the DB
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_shows WHERE show_name LIKE ? OR tvr_name LIKE ? with args [u'60_minutes_us', u'60_minutes_us']
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: Unable to match a record in the DB for 60_minutes_us
Dec-07 01:42:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-6 :: Looking up name 60 minutes us on TVDB
Dec-07 01:42:06 INFO     CP Server Thread-6 :: Processing failed for E:\Shared\SickBeard\60.minutes.us.2010.11.14.hdtv.xvid-yt.avi
blah238

Next

Return to Support / Bug Reports