Moving Sickbeard to a new drive?

Get help with Sick Beard and report/discuss bugs

Moving Sickbeard to a new drive?

Postby Andayle » Fri May 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi All

I have been using sickbeard for the past 6 months on my windows machine without any major problems. Recently I bought an external drive to store more shows on, I noticed that this new drive was also a lot more quieter than my internal drive. So I tried to move sickbeard to the external drive by cutting and pasting my sickbeard folder from my desktop to my F drive. Now when I Start sickbeard-console the window appears but sickbeard does not start, the console window stays blank, but if I run the copy on my desktop it starts up right away with the console window showing that sickbeard is running.

Anyone have any ideas? I have even re downloaded sickbeard and tried to run it as a fresh install but I get the exact same problem as above.

Many thanks in advance.
Andayle

Re: Moving Sickbeard to a new drive?

Postby rascalli » Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Have a look at all the info in the config.ini

A fresh install should work with no problems .. as the ini will be created from scratch
If this does not work, have a look at permissions & things like that
And make sure no other SB instance is running , otherwise the port is blocked & it will not start-up.

Do you have errors in your log ?
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby Andayle » Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 am

As far as I can tell it does not get far enough to even create a log.
Andayle

Postby Andayle » Sat May 14, 2011 4:58 am

Hmm just been playing with it some more and it seems that If I move my sickbeard folder to anywhere on C: drive it will work fine, but as soon as I move it to my external drive F: it wont start. So it's something to do with windows xp and the external drive but I have no idea what. I have been through all the settings I could find and there does not seem to be any issue with permissions, this F: drive also has all my films and tv shows that stream to XBMC via LAN so it accessible. Only wanted to move it say that it would be on a quieter drive, when it does its hourly scan the internal drive is quite noisy and at night it gets on my nerves lol.
Andayle

Postby midgetspy » Sun May 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Start it from a console (cmd) and see what it says (that way the window won't disappear).
midgetspy

Return to Support / Bug Reports