farewell and best wishes!

General discussion about Sick Beard or related topics

farewell and best wishes!

Postby zoggy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:49 am

4 years ago this week! I stumbled upon SickBeard and fell in love with it.
The workflow that SickBeard introduced in my life saved me so much time instead of doing things manually, and how well it worked was just magical.
I donated money and time in support of something that I truly enjoyed, thank you so much Midgetspy for all that you have done.
Over the course of my time with SickBeard I became part of the community and the inter-working of all things related.
Because of my work on SickBeard I've meet several people on the way that I most likely would not have.

For all of this I am very grateful but however I am reaching a point in my life where I need to pull back from SickBeard.
I spend more time thinking about how SB can be better than actually spending the time enjoying the fruits of SB.
I have numerous local branches of half written code, a journal of ideas, post-it notes and text files with ideas or research on issues.
Simply put, I have spent an enormous amount of time volunteering and I feel more like it has become a job more than anything else.

Regardless, I just wanted to publicly state the reason so you understand why I'm stepping away.
I have no harsh feelings and do wish the best for SickBeard, However my attention will be focused elsewhere.

You may still reach me in the normal places, feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help others continue on the good fight.

Regards,
zoggy
zoggy

Re: farewell and best wishes!

Postby dagoob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 am

Not to mention the countless hours putting up with us miscreants on this forum while offering support. All the best, zoggy!
dagoob

Postby brennok » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:05 pm

All the best Zoggy.
brennok

Postby beany » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:15 am

Just read this now....thanks for all your support in the past Zoggy! I too enjoy the fruits of sickbeard and I appreciate those who give/have given their time and energy to produce/support a great tool. Enjoy whatever you spend most of your time on next - thank you.
beany

Postby opentoe » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 pm

zoggy wrote:4 years ago this week! I stumbled upon SickBeard and fell in love with it.
The workflow that SickBeard introduced in my life saved me so much time instead of doing things manually, and how well it worked was just magical.
I donated money and time in support of something that I truly enjoyed, thank you so much Midgetspy for all that you have done.
Over the course of my time with SickBeard I became part of the community and the inter-working of all things related.
Because of my work on SickBeard I've meet several people on the way that I most likely would not have.

For all of this I am very grateful but however I am reaching a point in my life where I need to pull back from SickBeard.
I spend more time thinking about how SB can be better than actually spending the time enjoying the fruits of SB.
I have numerous local branches of half written code, a journal of ideas, post-it notes and text files with ideas or research on issues.
Simply put, I have spent an enormous amount of time volunteering and I feel more like it has become a job more than anything else.

Regardless, I just wanted to publicly state the reason so you understand why I'm stepping away.
I have no harsh feelings and do wish the best for SickBeard, However my attention will be focused elsewhere.

You may still reach me in the normal places, feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help others continue on the good fight.

Regards,
zoggy

I just read this now myself and I think it is a cop out. You should do what you like and who cares if you spend a lot of time on something. You obviously love Sickbeard so I suggest you keep on trucking with it and do what you love. I thought the same thing about being on the computer all the time. Too much time just fussing around with computers and bitcoin and thought I spend too much time on that stuff, but then I told myself that's what I like to do. So who cares how much time I spend on it. Jump back on the horse man and enjoy while you can! I'm positive you will miss it.

Also, who is Sickbeards developer? Is it a group of people, you? I was never sure. I donated a very long time ago and still don't know who makes this great software.
opentoe

Postby rascalli » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:44 am

Zoggy ..... Tx for everything ....
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby opentoe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Who is the creator of Sickbeard and keeps it up to date?
opentoe

Postby rascalli » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:08 am

Midgetspy
NL newsserver starting €44,40 a year

Hope you will use my refereal link
rascalli

Postby zoggy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 pm

just checked in to see that things look about in the same state before i left :(
it is pretty apparent that sickbeard is left wither away.

* I just approved a ton of messages that were just sitting in the moderation queue for the forums
* I see that no one has approved/added any scene exceptions..
* I see sadly there has been no movement on code updates, new releases, or any update from midgetspy himself
* code.google closed down and all the issues never were migrated off (https://code.google.com/archive/p/sickbeard/issues)

while there are many forks of sickbeard and I'm sure others are perfectly happy with what it still can do..
do know that there are much better solutions out there that are actively developed, actively maintained, and have a thriving community behind it.

this will be my final post on this forum to note that I had been secretly hoping for sb to return to its former glory, it is time to let it go.
I confirm my status of being completely hands off of anything sickbeard (exceptions/forums/etc).

--z
zoggy

Postby vipin123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 am

Who is the creator of Sickbeard and keeps it up to date?
vipin123

Next

Return to General