New Windows Build 499! 12/31/2012

General discussion about Sick Beard or related topics

New Windows Build 499! 12/31/2012

Postby zoggy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am

498 was missing opOpenSSL when it was built out. sorry about that. 499 now out.

Whew, just in time for the new years! This got delayed from all that nzbmatrix/newzbin mess.. but anywhere here it is.

Here are just some of the highlights from the previous build:

• Rewrote our XBMC notifier to support XBMC 12 (Frodo), it will also work with previous XBMC versions.. we send a query out to detect the supported version before sending out the notification/update commands.

We still use the HTTP server to send requests to, enable it by going to the following:
    Code: Select all
    HTTP: In System/Settings/Network/Services activate Allow control of XBMC via HTTP

Also changed, we send the library update commands only to the FIRST host in the list if there are multiple ones defined (fix for those that have a multi xbmc setup with sql backend).
  • Fix Newznab providers that use sphinx that was resulting in 0 results for when SB did not have the tvrage ID to search by
  • Removed NZBMatrix and Newzbin as they are no longer :(
  • Added another multi-ep scheme which should make Plex happy now. (Extended E-prefix E##-E##)
  • Lots of little cleanups, bug fixes and tweaks, view changelog for details.

If you want to stay ontop of development or see the changelog you can view it online at: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

We have plenty of stuff to start off 2013 right, more providers.. support for more qualities.. some other goodies :)
zoggy

Re: New Windows Build 498! 12/31/2012

Postby Selissi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Lovely I was waiting for that ! Notification to XBMC 12 are working :)
I have one question just to clear something.
For test purposes I have added a brand new show to SickBeard and downloaded 1st episode in 1st Season. Following options are enabled: Enable, Notify on Snatch, Notify on Download, Update Library.
I haven't enabled Full Library Update option.
Everything seems to be working but Library isn't not being updated.
I did manual update new added show has been found with one episod. I've downloaded another episode and this time it was added to XBMC.

My question is: is this normal behavior? If newly added show is not existing in XBMC I need to do full update and after that new episodes will be added?
-
Kind regards
Selissi

Re: New Windows Build 498! 12/31/2012

Postby zoggy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:51 pm

if the show is in xbmc then it would update... if its not. then it wouldnt get a path to update. the falling back to fullupdate would be needed.
zoggy

Re: New Windows Build 499! 12/31/2012

Postby Selissi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Lovely thank you for fast answer.
-
Kind regards
Selissi

Postby Lumpee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks for the hard work and release of the update guys.

Just one question on the XBMC update feature only adding the episode for the first server. Will it be possible in the future to have it update all servers? That feature was a godsend on Eden. I ask because I have 5 instances of XBMC around the house, some of them slower machines (Atom based) where a full scan can take 5 minutes or more not to mention they are unusable during a scan. Whereas the episode added by Sickbeard notification takes a fraction of a second.

A shared database would not be applicable to me as there are multiple users, not just me, so watched status, etc need to be separate. I would have to imagine there are more users with separate databases compared to those with a centralised one. Couldn't those with a central database just list one instance and have Sickbeard update all listed servers. Or if anyone knows of a hack to enable this that would be great.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I really appreciate it.
cheers
Lumpee

Postby abrenoch » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Sickbeard isn't updating on a per show/episode basis for me either, and this is with already added shows (xbmc rc2). Considering how long it took to update this, it is pretty disappointing.. not to be a bummer :|

Thanks for all the hard work though!
abrenoch

Postby Selissi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Nime is working great so it has to be something with your settings.
-
Kind regards
Selissi

Postby bleomycin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Lumpee wrote:Thanks for the hard work and release of the update guys.

Just one question on the XBMC update feature only adding the episode for the first server. Will it be possible in the future to have it update all servers? That feature was a godsend on Eden. I ask because I have 5 instances of XBMC around the house, some of them slower machines (Atom based) where a full scan can take 5 minutes or more not to mention they are unusable during a scan. Whereas the episode added by Sickbeard notification takes a fraction of a second.

A shared database would not be applicable to me as there are multiple users, not just me, so watched status, etc need to be separate. I would have to imagine there are more users with separate databases compared to those with a centralised one. Couldn't those with a central database just list one instance and have Sickbeard update all listed servers. Or if anyone knows of a hack to enable this that would be great.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I really appreciate it.
cheers

I'm in the exact same boat, and had the same discussion with a dev prior to this regression being implemented for users such as us. Unfortunately the reply then was basically forget about it, go use plex or a library update plugin on a schedule. Unfortunately both of those methods are quite inferior to our current setups.
bleomycin

Postby zoggy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 am

this was in sb for 2 months (development) and no one complained or had anything but good things to say about the change. do you really leave 5 xbmc instances on all the time to even get the library update command? you have to realize you are using xbmc very inefficiently and from the lack of push back on this change. i would say you are in a very small % of those that have a multi xbmc setup like this compared to the rest of the sb userbase.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5348&start=30#p26310
zoggy

Postby Lumpee » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 am

zoggy wrote:this was in sb for 2 months (development) and no one complained or had anything but good things to say about the change. do you really leave 5 xbmc instances on all the time to even get the library update command? you have to realize you are using xbmc very inefficiently and from the lack of push back on this change. i would say you are in a very small % of those that have a multi xbmc setup like this compared to the rest of the sb userbase.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5348&start=30#p26310

I don't see how it could be run any more efficiently in my situation with 4 users and 5 instances. Also my SAB is scheduled to download from late afternoon to mid evening when the majority, if not all, of these machines are running. I understand that a lot of people that use dev builds would also have a shared SQL database but I find it hard to believe that the majority of SB users are involved with the dev versions and knew this change was coming. The first I knew of it was when I updated yesterday.

I am not a programmer so I have little understanding of what would be involved but would it be possible to separate the update notification from the simple notifications (snatched, download) or have a check box that said " update all" or " update first only"

Thanks
Lumpee

Next

Return to General