Search Frequency

General discussion about Sick Beard or related topics

Search Frequency

Postby SlackMaster » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Hello,

I have almost 131 active shows in my list and 151 episodes in my backlog search.

I'm looking for a way to reduce the number of API calls to the indexes that I have, I'm reaching the limit pretty quickly on some of the indexes I have listed. I have the frequency set to "60" right now, but with the DMCA notices, I'm afraid to make it any less frequent.

Anyone got any tips on reducing your number of API calls? Perhaps there's a hidden setting I'm not aware of.
SlackMaster

Re: Search Frequency

Postby zoggy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 am

take care of your backlog. change quality / change providers / etc
zoggy

Postby sstorkel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am

SlackMaster wrote:Anyone got any tips on reducing your number of API calls? Perhaps there's a hidden setting I'm not aware of.

Trim your backlog. In my experience if you can't find a download within a week or two, you're never going to find it. Either it was never posted, it's past your server's retention or the name doesn't match what Sickbeard is expecting. The later happens frequently with special episodes. Do a manual search on your Usenet index of choice to see if you can find an appropriate NZB. If not, change the status to 'Skipped' or 'Ignored' and forget about it. Sickbeard tends to use 'Skipped' for episodes it can't find, so I usually change the status to 'Ignored'. If I want to give the episodes another try at some point in the future, I can then query for all 'Ignored' shows using the Episode Status Management screen.
sstorkel

Postby SlackMaster » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

sstorkel wrote:Trim your backlog. In my experience if you can't find a download within a week or two, you're never going to find it. Either it was never posted, it's past your server's retention or the name doesn't match what Sickbeard is expecting. The later happens frequently with special episodes. Do a manual search on your Usenet index of choice to see if you can find an appropriate NZB. If not, change the status to 'Skipped' or 'Ignored' and forget about it. Sickbeard tends to use 'Skipped' for episodes it can't find, so I usually change the status to 'Ignored'. If I want to give the episodes another try at some point in the future, I can then query for all 'Ignored' shows using the Episode Status Management screen.

Thanks for the tip. I've trimmed my backlog down to one show. We will see what happens.
SlackMaster

Return to General