Torrent vs usenet

Discussion and support for junalmeida's Torrent Edition fork.

Torrent vs usenet

Postby LupTV » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:49 am

Been using standard sickbeard for a while now, and have had it pointed at Astraweb. As a test, I wanted to see how that setup compared to the TorrentEdition. I've kept both installed in separate virtualized environments, and closely mirrored the settings between each.

I've come across this odd little bug, and was hoping someone had some ideas. The TorrentEdition will not automatically start downloading the files, even though they exist on my configured search provider (KickAss). I know the files are there, because if I manually click the search, it will instantly start downloading. So this whole time I've been left with the impression that TorrentEdition is slower to download has been flawed. It's more so the fact, that it simply is not downloading content that is out there.

I've configured the search frequency for 10 minutes, but even hours after the content exists on the torrent sites, the automated process will not start the download.
LupTV

Re: Torrent vs usenet

Postby Yellow11 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 am

I have only ever used the torrent edition and a couple of weeks back, it pretty much stopped working. There have been changes to sites, PB going down, Kickass TLD changed from TO to SO and seeming problems with EZRSS and I think even torcache..

Not only do automatic downloads not work anymore, but I can't get manual downloads to work either. I'm not sure how you are. I know the torrents exist on the sites as i have to DL everything manually now and let SB post-process it into place.

It seems that a little work is needed to update the torrent providers to reflect site changes. I think that is all it is but i am not a developer at all. I'll have to wait for someone to address this. I hope someone does.

I have been thinking about switching to usenet, how does that version compare with the torrent version using SABnzb?
Yellow11

Re: Torrent vs usenet

Postby LupTV » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:28 am

LupTV wrote:I've configured the search frequency for 10 minutes, but even hours after the content exists on the torrent sites, the automated process will not start the download.

Rock solid. It's just some of the content is only available on torrent site, so I wanted to test things out. However, Usenet/SAB is still faster, and more "reliable"....in the sense that, if the content is there, then you don't have to worry about SB and SAB not getting it for you.
LupTV

Return to Torrent Edition (junalmeida)