show disappears after adding show & no poster/details

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

show disappears after adding show & no poster/details

Postby modbox14 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:35 am

I have a couple issues grouped together here (I think they may be related).

When I add a show, the show appears as "loading" for the basic info, network, poster/banner, etc.; however, then after a refresh after about 5 minutes it disappears and goes back to the previous count of 0 shows (just trying 1 as a test). Also after every few tries, I'm able to get it to get past loading if I reload the page at the right time, but then it only shows a default sickbeard image as the poster and no show name, network is a question mark // no details show up.

I tried a mass update and all I can do successfully is delete it. Doing a rescan and update sometimes will force sickbeard to display the show title but thats it.

I'm running this on a Raspberry pi 512mb model running the latest xbian and the pirate bay version of sick beard (only version I could find for xbian). The hard drive I have linked to the mount point is formatted in EXT4.
modbox14

Re: show disappears after adding show & no poster/details

Postby zoggy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:34 am

moved to correct place. note that you most likely have permission issues writting to your db/cache folder. check logs.
zoggy

Postby modbox14 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:30 am

zoggy wrote:moved to correct place. note that you most likely have permission issues writting to your db/cache folder. check logs.

thank you! also, update, 12 hours later SB spit out a db related error, looked more into things and noticed that under config its set to save under /home/xbian/torrents which I previously deleted thinking I changed all paths referring to it. BUT now it's giving me

Code: Select all
ERROR SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error trying to add show: 13

which in some minor research looks to be in fact a permissions issue.

Here's my confusion. This is still such a fresh install of everything, how do permissions get messed up and how do I fix this?! permissions are still such a grey area for me on the pi.

Thoughts?
modbox14

Postby modbox14 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:07 am

Ok. Figured it out I think. Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding.

1) I had my SB Cache Directory set to a location that didn't exist

2) most of my paths that I inputed into the SB config area were created by me in terminal by doing sudo mkdir blah. This is wrong because root doesn't/shouldn't need access to this stuff, SB which by default, should be in your user account (xbian, raspbian, john, etc) right?? So I checked all these areas with ls -al and sure enough where most other things in that area for me were set as xbian for the permission, the folders I sudo created were set to root. I changed that to xbian (I deleted and recreated them because not sure how to do it any other way) and voila. all works.

When I add a show, I give the thing 2-6 minutes to process the IMDB info (watched the log file and kept refreshing here and there) and sure enough it would show up properly now :)

Am I misunderstanding anything here anyone?
modbox14

Postby zoggy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:30 pm

yes you most likely created the issue by using sudo to create folders that sb cant access. so either you need to run sb with higher rights / add to group or just fix your permissions.
zoggy

Postby modbox14 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:21 am

zoggy wrote:yes you most likely created the issue by using sudo to create folders that sb cant access. so either you need to run sb with higher rights / add to group or just fix your permissions.

I appreciate the help. I realized nearly all my issues throughout the setup this time and about a year ago when I tried to set up all of my xbian programs (sickbeard and others) keep coming from one permission issue after another.

I, yet again, have another. Unrar error code: 10 comes up when extracting from the .rar files on a download. A quick Search comes up with - permission issues.

Here are what the logs say in order with "My Show" being the name of my TV Show

Code: Select all
-Unpacking My Show
-Could not create directory /mount/externalhdd/TV Shows/My Show S01E01 720p/_unpack: could not create directory :
-Unrar: Extracting from My Show S01E01 720p.part01.rar
*here is filled with a lot of lines like this:
-Unrar: :::*::::::.+W::::::::::::::.@W@:+WW@@@@::::.@@:::::::::::@@@@::::..@@WWWW@@@@::::::::::
-Unrar: Extracting from My Show S01E01 720p.part02.rar
-Unrar: Extracting from My Show S01E01 720p.part03.rar
etc...
-Unrar: No files to extract
-Unrar: error code 10
-Could not remove temporary directory /mount/externalhdd/TV Shows/My Show S01E01 720p/_unpack
-Unpack for My Show S01E01 720p failed

I did ls -l on my hard drive and its set to root for ownership
checked it on all of it's contents inside and literally everything is set to xian

I can repost this as a new post if need be.
modbox14

Postby AnswerQ1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Doh! I got it----->http://localhost:8081/config/general/
Thanks...
100 %jhot
AnswerQ1

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)