Creating an ThePirateBay API

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

Creating an ThePirateBay API

Postby SparkyRih » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:19 pm

I've been using Sick-Beard for the past couple of weeks and I'm loving it :)

But I found that it doesn't find some shows/seasons/episodes, usually they really can't be found on Usenet, but I can find them on TPB... So "to keep myself from being active" I decided to create an API for TPB...

Now I know that there is a TPB edition (but that one is discontinued), and there is also a properly maintained Torrent Edition, but I don't like those... Usenet is the best way to do this job, but for the other like 5% of the shows it doesn't get I'd like to relay on torrents via TPB, so that's why I created my own API...

The problem:
Everything seems to work nicely, based on the Sick-Beard search query (http://domaon.ext/api?rid=12345&season=1...) I can return an RSS feed containing:
-Torrent title with the torrent file behind it
-Filtered by torrent files (because some results only contain magnets and no torrent files) and seeders > 0

I've enabled torrents in my Sick-Beard, added my API url, so it should grab the torrent and put it in the black hole right? But that doesn't happen, I also find no errors in the error log...

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work?
Also, is there any documentation on how Sick-Beard looks for shows/seasons in more details so that I might be able to make this torrent API more reliable...
SparkyRih

Re: Creating an ThePirateBay API

Postby SparkyRih » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 am

My API works great, but when it grabs the *.torrent it renames it to *.nzb... No-one does hae any idea on how to make SB to put a *.torrent from a custom provider in the black hole?
SparkyRih

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)