Console Window and Browser Open

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

Console Window and Browser Open

Postby ketterer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Windows 7 fully updated
Python 2.7.6
Sickbeard Alpha (THePirateBay)

When I start sickbeard.py the console window opens and stays open as well as each start, this is persistent and I am unsure of why. If I close the console window sickbeard is shutdown. I would much prefer to have it run with out a window especially a persistent window that if closed stops sickbeard.

I have a shortcut to sickbeard.py in start up and this obviosly does the same thing, the problem here is that it opens the browser, I would rather not have anything extra running (especially a full web browser) because this is an HTPC and XBMC will be running the front end
ketterer

Re: Console Window and Browser Open

Postby Vaikin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Using pythonw.exe instead of python.exe prevents the console window from opening. As for the browser opening, that's a sickbeard General setting "Launch Browser". Make sure it is unchecked.
Vaikin

Postby ketterer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Thank you for the answer, The launch browser tip was most definetly the problem.....sorry, I thought I had changed it.

How would I go about using pythonw.exe to start sickbeard on startup. sorry i followed the guide in these forums and im having a few problems
ketterer

Postby ketterer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm

How would I go about using pythonw.exe to start sickbeard on startup. sorry i followed the guide in these forums and im having a few problems
I thought of trying a batch script but i couldnt figure that out either
ketterer

Postby Vaikin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:42 pm

If you have a shortcut in the startup folder, right click -> properties. Change the 'target' line from python.exe to pythonw.exe

Example.
old: "D:\My Downloads\~Torrents\python\python.exe" SickBeard.py
new: "D:\My Downloads\~Torrents\python\pythonw.exe" SickBeard.py
Vaikin

Postby xdamageincx » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:20 am

J:\Public\Software\XBMC\SickBeardEPG\SickBeardEPGPC\SickBeard-win32-alpha-build503\SickBeard-console.exe <--- My Shortcut to open sickbeard (that autostarts at startup) Atleast I think it autostarts - I think I remember selecting a box for program start at windows startup.

Stupid question: (Everything is working great) after checking - do not open browser window, how do you access the browser in the future? I cannot remember the local address\port# (something like: http://sickbeard.com/8081) - LOL- I can't add tv shows to sickbeard now.
Unless they automatically add from the folder (addon_data/icemovies.com) ???
My first post and obviously I am a noob with sickbeard..
Thanks in advance
Damageinc
xdamageincx

Postby xdamageincx » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:30 am

Doh! I got it----->http://localhost:8081/config/general/
Thanks...
xdamageincx

Postby alieen2 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:17 am

When I start sickbeard.py the console window opens and stays open as well as each start, this is persistent and I am unsure of why. If I close the console window sickbeard is shutdown. I would much prefer to have it run with out a window especially a persistent window that if closed stops sickbeard.
We offer best quality MB2-866 exam dump test papers and testking.net - VCP550 dumps dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed stanford.edu questions pittstate to help you in passing the real exam of www.mica.edu
alieen2

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)