Guide: How to install SickBeard-PirateBay on Windows

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

Re: Guide: How to install SickBeard-PirateBay on Windows

Postby JustinSane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Vipes wrote:Hey guys, been attempting to this set up. Was all looking pretty good till I tried downloading something.

This is a copy paste from my logs:
2013-11-10 01:29:08 DEBUG SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: uTorrent: Bad Request
2013-11-10 01:29:08 DEBUG SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: uTorrent: Requested a GET connection to url http://localhost:8092/gui/ with Params= {'action': 'add-url', 's': 'magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0bc8aba085ed83fb2952e15ff1dc3966bdb49024&dn=The+Big+Bang+Theory+S06E15+HDTV+x264-LOL+[eztv]&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.istole.it:6969&tr=udp://tracker.ccc.de:80&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337', 'token': u'gZ_wnA3vorohwxnEu2qipdVbnRutYpTuUhU18VFiCJD3CEHBkJ8zHbVGflI='} Data=None
2013-11-10 01:29:07 DEBUG SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Calling uTorrent Client
2013-11-10 01:29:07 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Downloading episode from magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0bc8aba085ed83fb2952e15ff1dc3966bdb49024&dn=The+Big+Bang+Theory+S06E15+HDTV+x264-LOL+[eztv]&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.istole.it:6969&tr=udp://tracker.ccc.de:80&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337
2013-11-10 01:29:07 DEBUG SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Picked The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E15.HDTV.x264-LOL.[eztv] as the best

I can connect to the WEB UI on http://localhost:8092/gui/ so I assume that's working. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Vipes

I am also having this issue, is there a fix? can't download a thing.
JustinSane

Postby JustinSane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Or even better, Can I use qbittorrent instead of utorrent? will it work?
JustinSane

Postby JustinSane » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Ah, it's a new PC build so I decided to go with 2.2.1, but indeed this version doesn't work with sick beard. So I went with 3.1 (meh!). At least this isn't as bad as the current version though which is full of adverts and bull crap.

For other pcs I use qbittorrent, which is what utorrent used to be (but better). Support for this would be great, it has a similar webui to utorrent, and the setup seems similar so it might not be too hard (for those that know how to add things) to add it in this branch.
JustinSane

Postby jacquesstrap » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 pm

JustinSane wrote:Ah, it's a new PC build so I decided to go with 2.2.1, but indeed this version doesn't work with sick beard. So I went with 3.1 (meh!). At least this isn't as bad as the current version though which is full of adverts and bull crap.

For other pcs I use qbittorrent, which is what utorrent used to be (but better). Support for this would be great, it has a similar webui to utorrent, and the setup seems similar so it might not be too hard (for those that know how to add things) to add it in this branch.

I also was having issues with 2.2.1, couldn't get it working with Sickbeard for the life of me. I "upgraded" to Utorrent 3.3.2 and Sickbeard is now searching for and downloading torrents, but will ONLY save files to c:\users\xxxx\Downloads, despite specifying other directories.

Ch1lly wrote:
pospof wrote:
Ch1lly wrote:Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for the effort that's gone into this.

I downloaded and set this up at the weekend, and finally got it working. The only problem now seems to be that although episodes are being found and downloaded, they are forever in the 'Snatched' state - and it doesn't seem that any post-processing is happening (moved + renamed).

There doesn't seem to be any errors in the logs either.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Same thing happening to me, episodes are snatched and downloaded but they are never renamed or moved to their destination.
Did you find any help Ch1lly?

Unfortunately I didn't, no. I did a clean installation of everything which has actually made my situation worse (it's failing to even find episodes now) - so I'd suggest trying to find a solution here rather than start again.

I too am having the same problem, no post-processing appears to be working at all....shows are not moved or re-named after downloaded, they are simply left in the c:\users\xxxxx\Downloads directory. I've also been scouring the forums for days looking for a solution but am unable to find one.
jacquesstrap

Postby pospof » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 am

jacquesstrap wrote:I too am having the same problem, no post-processing appears to be working at all....shows are not moved or re-named after downloaded, they are simply left in the c:\users\xxxxx\Downloads directory. I've also been scouring the forums for days looking for a solution but am unable to find one.

Have you tried manual post-processing?
It mostly worked for me
pospof

Postby gnomeskull » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm

I followed this guide to install and it seemed to work, sort of. I can get to the interface at http://localhost:8081/ but it looks like the template's not loading or something. I have all the text, the sickbeard logo, and a couple other graphics. But the CSS and layout stuff doesn't seem to be loading. Here is what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/NzT1sto.png

Is that the Cheetah python stuff not working? I didn't miss that step, I did the install command and that seemed to go fine.

Everything else seems to be working, it is searching and I got my uTorrent to pick up a downloaded .torrent file.

My Python is at C:\Python27\ and that is in the path. The Cheetah install seemed to work, and I can see Cheetah stuff in C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\. So I don't know what to check next.

Thanks for any help!
gnomeskull

Postby pospof » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:14 pm

jacquesstrap wrote:
I too am having the same problem, no post-processing appears to be working at all....shows are not moved or re-named after downloaded, they are simply left in the c:\users\xxxxx\Downloads directory. I've also been scouring the forums for days looking for a solution but am unable to find one.

Ch1lly, jaquesstrap I think I finally found what was the problem in my set up.

In Settings -> Post-Processing -> TV Download dir I had put my sorted TV show path instead of the path where the torrent client saves finished files, plus (if not using SABnzbd+) Scan and Process has to be Checked.

Restarted SB and it seems to be working fine now. :shock:
pospof

Postby kingleonidees » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 pm

HI there

I am trying to install sickbeard-piratebay, and I am following the step by step instructions

But nothing seems to work, when I get to open the sickbeard.py file using python27/pythonw.exe, nothing happens

and also the commands in the instructions do not work when I run cmd

Can you please help me?
kingleonidees

Postby kingleonidees » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 pm

This installation doesn't seem to work on my windows.

The commands do not seem to work when I run cmd, after installing cheetah python etc

And when I try to open sickbeard.py using python.exe nothing happens.

Can you please help me?
kingleonidees

Postby pospof » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:23 am

kingleonidees wrote:This installation doesn't seem to work on my windows.

The commands do not seem to work when I run cmd, after installing cheetah python etc

And when I try to open sickbeard.py using python.exe nothing happens.

Can you please help me?

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Do you get an error message?
If you don't get any error message then it is probably running fine. To access SickBeard you have to (leaving the cmd window open) open a web browser window and go to:
http://localhost:8081

Try running it with pythonw.exe instead of python.exe to avoid having to leave the cmd window open.
pospof

PreviousNext

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)