[FORK DELETED] SickBeard ThePirateBay Edition

For discussion and support of mr-orange's ThePirateBay branch

Re: [FORK DELETED] SickBeard ThePirateBay Edition

Postby gborri » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:15 am

hello echel0n,

i have a repo forked by mr_orange ThePirateBay edition.
could you give me some hints to port my change on your edition?

thanks a lot
Giovanni
gborri

Postby Rouzax » Sat May 10, 2014 3:52 am

Sorry to hear that you're quiting because of the users.
Thanks for all the support and the great product.
Rouzax

Postby rcketscientist » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:46 am

Sorry to hear the project died. I figured I would go back to stock since I rarely needed the torrent functionality in the end. I received this error:

2014-09-12 13:01:05 ERROR MAIN :: Your database version (19) has been incremented past what this version of Sick Beard supports (18).
If you have used other forks of Sick Beard, your database may be unusable due to their modifications.

Was anything fundamentally changed in the database or could I modify that field to get back to stock?
rcketscientist

Postby Rora » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:28 am

Since I'm still using this fork untill I move over to a new HTPC, I needed fix the thepiratebary provider. The fix I applied uses oldpiratebay. To make it work I disabled some security checks, I strongly recommend against using this fix for a long period.

The fix:
- Open sickbeard\providers\torrentday.py
- Change the url and search url lines
    self.url = 'http://oldpiratebay.org/'
    self.searchurl = self.url + 'search.php?q=%s&Torrent_sort=seeders.desc' # order by seed

I ran into some ssl certificate check failures so I disabled the certificate check
- Open lib\requests\packages\urllib3\packages\ssl_match_hostname\_implementation.py
- Comment out all the code below the line: 'def match_hostname(cert, hostname):'

Notes:
- I'm not using a proxy
- I disabled the 'Trusted Download' setting in the PirateBay search provider, I highly doubt that oldpiratebary.org will support it

Credits go to: https://sickrage.tv/forums/forum/main-c ... atebay-org
Rora

Postby zoggy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:11 pm

could also use your system host file to just redirect it, and not have to touch any code
zoggy

Postby kgian » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 am

zoggy wrote:could also use your system host file to just redirect it, and not have to touch any code

Just tried redirecting with the hosts file and could not make it work...
kgian

Postby Rora » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:45 am

zoggy wrote:could also use your system host file to just redirect it, and not have to touch any code

Have you tried it? I hardly doubt that it will work since the search url is different, the ssl issue will still occur and proxy support won't work.
Rora

Postby rage2021 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 pm

What am I supposed to do with this fokr now? All i use is torrents.
rage2021

Postby DennisS » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 am

Why doesn't he search more than only this:

2015-01-20 13:49:17 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Unable to find a download for Storage Wars - 6x11 - Gambler of Thrones
2015-01-20 13:49:05 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching KickAssTorrents for Storage Wars - 6x11 - Gambler of Thrones
2015-01-20 13:49:05 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching for Storage Wars - 6x11 - Gambler of Thrones

If i search on KickAss myself, i can't find it either with Storage Wars - 6x11 - Gambler of Thrones. But Storage Wars S06E11 works fine.. Can i change the search tag or something? I've cleaned my NAS an installed SickBeard again, before this it's worked fine. Help :(
DennisS

Postby hernandito » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Does anyone have the last version of this? :( :( :( I somehow managed to screw mine up and I need to re-install it clean. Sadly the Github is gone. It has been worked perfectly since it first came out.

Sickrage has not been reliable for me doing NZBs... somehow it misses downloading obvious things.
hernandito

Previous

Return to ThePirateBay (mr-orange)