new Anime branch 2011-2012| bugs, errors and support

Discussion and support for lad1337's anime fork

Re: new Anime branch 2011-2012| bugs, errors and support

Postby healthy_beard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:43 am

gee wrote:
Anyway, thought some people might be interested in trying sickrage.

awesome, I appreciate it! I've only heard of nzbdrone and I couldn't get that to run on FreeBSD when I tried it yesterday. Looking forward to trying SickRage :)

xelra wrote:Last time I looked, SickRage was a dead project. It was doomed to fail from the beginning anyway.

Well, given that adam111316 authored a commit 7 days ago (https://github.com/echel0n/SickRage/commits/master), a PR merge, it looks maintained. Why doomed to fail?
healthy_beard

Postby xelra » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 am

healthy_beard wrote: Well, given that adam111316 authored a commit 7 days ago (https://github.com/echel0n/SickRage/commits/master), a PR merge, it looks maintained. Why doomed to fail?

Because it's mostly just a collection of code from different SickBeard forks. Also adam doesn't really maintain it. He only sometimes makes a commit here and there and said so himself.

Yeah, it's a shame that mono doesn't run well on FreeBSD. I haven't tried it myself, but did you compile from vanilla sources or from the ports repository? There are quite some changes to make mono compatible with FreeBSD. It's just been updated to mono 3.10.0 22 hours ago.

EDIT:
Oh! Looking at the number of commits, maybe he changed his mind and does maintain it. Well, time will tell.
xelra

Postby healthy_beard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:38 am

xelra wrote:Because it's mostly just a collection of code from different SickBeard forks. Also adam doesn't really maintain it. He only sometimes makes a commit here and there and said so himself.

This is still valuable, and accepting PR's and being active makes a huge difference. Doesn't mean it's doomed to failure. I'm going to hope it continues and will be awesome.

xelra wrote:Yeah, it's a shame that mono doesn't run well on FreeBSD. I haven't tried it myself, but did you compile from vanilla sources or from the ports repository? There are quite some changes to make mono compatible with FreeBSD. It's just been updated to mono 3.10.0 22 hours ago.

I got mono to run, but I run into an early error saying that the pid can't be created because of permission issues. However, there are no permission issues from examination.
healthy_beard

Postby AtariBaby » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:33 pm

FYI

I tried Shanaproject: while it was fun getting Flexget working, and Flexget shows a lot of potential, I found Shanaproject to be so much effort that manual file downloading would be easier and faster.

NZBDrone FTW! Excellent anime support. Slick interface. Good community support.

It does run on Mono, which is a different platform than python, which is what sick beard runs on. I was able to get Mono installed following googled guides on the latest version of Ubuntu with no problems, and again, just following how to's I googled, installed NZBdrone without any real issues. Once you have it running, updates to mono are tested and included in updates to NZBdrone.
AtariBaby

Postby AtariBaby » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

awesome, I appreciate it! I've only heard of nzbdrone and I couldn't get that to run on FreeBSD when I tried it yesterday. Looking forward to trying SickRage :)

I am on Ubuntu, but I'm betting if you post on the NZBdrone forums, or one of the popular HTPC "how to" guides, you'll get help with getting it running.
AtariBaby

Postby healthy_beard » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 pm

AtariBaby wrote:I am on Ubuntu, but I'm betting if you post on the NZBdrone forums, or one of the popular HTPC "how to" guides, you'll get help with getting it running.

Yepp, and they were quick to respond.

Code: Select all
mount -t procfs procfs /proc

Solved it. thanks
healthy_beard

Postby fredknex » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:10 pm

hi, for anyone else still using this animebeard branch here are the mods i've made to my own installation to keep things running.

newznab.pyo- Fixes searching on nzb.su because fanzub likes to post episodes a week after they are out. (i dont THINK it will mess up other custom search providers. i only tested and made sure it didnt affect fanzub )
replace the one in "SickBeard-Win-anime-12.06.30\lib\sickbeard\providers"

sabToSickbeardANIME.exe- modified version of normal processscript that uses a different config file so you can have the sickbeard and Animesickbeard share
an instance of sabnzbd and have them each process their own shows. put in whatever your sabnzbd scripts folder is and set up the categorys and ports and whatever.

growl.pyo- makes anime branch report as "AnimeBeard" instead of "SickBeard" so you can separate out your notifications
replace the one in "SickBeard-Win-anime-12.06.30\lib\sickbeard\notifiers"

aesthetics- if you feel like finding where they go those are some files i changed just to make animebeard look very slightly different (blue bookmark icon is the main helpful thing) from normal sickbeard.

LINK- https://mega.co.nz/#!bkcSjSDZ!hfZB0YDJK ... XCMbvb5Q-w

and make sure you shut down animesickbeard before you start replacing things
fredknex

Postby wingfat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Since there is no longer any support for Lad's Anime version of Sickbeard, I decided to give Sonarr (formally NZBdrone) a try.

Oh my!!! It feels so good to have an updated current client for downloading TV and especially Anime. Setup is simpler then Sickbeard although it does take a bit of time depending upon how many series you are importing. It will scan your hard drive / network for series and episodes. For anime the big plus is searching Nyaa for episodes when they don't exist in newsgroups. (It works great!)

At first I was uncomfortable switching from my old familiar Sickbeard but I quickly became excited with all the interface options.

The main point is Sickbeard is a really great program for regular TV, but those of us who stuck it out with Lad's anime branch... our time has come!

Thank you again Sickbeard... you will not be forgotten.

https://sonarr.tv/
wingfat

Postby mart72 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 am

Interesting approach to the subject, it's all good, you keep going!
mart72

Previous

Return to Anime (lad1337)